Countries to study engineering

In summary: Well, ITER is being built in France, they have CNRS, and Switzerland of course has CERN and PSI.I don't know about Leuven being better than any university in France, maybe they are very good in chemical engineering, but it is a good university. You could also check out the technical universities in the Netherlands (Delft, Eindhoven), the application process in the Netherlands is also not so complicated.
abdo799
I want to study engineering abroad, but i don't speak german (so germany is out of the list) and i have a tight budget ( so many of the countries with large tution fees are off such as UK , switz etc..)
After a lot of research i found that the 2 countries suitable for me would be france and belgium, so which are better if i wanted to study engineering?

Physics news on Phys.org
France: Rouen, Paris, Toulouse.
Belgium: Gent, Brussels, Louvain-la-Neuve

I would rather choose France, also because of the huge aerospace and automotive industry there. You must speak french fluently, though.
I would also gather more information about studying in France and Belgium, what are the universities arranging for foreign students, etc..

bigfooted said:
France: Rouen, Paris, Toulouse.
Belgium: Gent, Brussels, Louvain-la-Neuve

I would rather choose France, also because of the huge aerospace and automotive industry there. You must speak french fluently, though.
I would also gather more information about studying in France and Belgium, what are the universities arranging for foreign students, etc..
Well, i am more interested in chemical engineering and energy engineering, i thought of france in the first place because of the research capabilities, i heard that the best research institutes in europe are in france and switzerland, but what made me think about belgium is the possibility of studying ( chemical engineering in english) in KU leuven which is according to ratings the best university in belgium and even better than any university in france, and also the application process is way less complicated

bigfooted said:
I would rather choose France, also because of the ... automotive industry there.

I used to drive a Peugeot. They could use some more engineers.

Likes billy_joule, Feodalherren, CalcNerd and 1 other person
abdo799 said:
Well, i am more interested in chemical engineering and energy engineering, i thought of france in the first place because of the research capabilities, i heard that the best research institutes in europe are in france and switzerland, but what made me think about belgium is the possibility of studying ( chemical engineering in english) in KU leuven which is according to ratings the best university in belgium and even better than any university in france, and also the application process is way less complicated

Well, ITER is being built in France, they have CNRS, and Switzerland of course has CERN and PSI. I don't know about Leuven being better than any university in France, maybe they are very good in chemical engineering, but it is a good university. You could also check out the technical universities in the Netherlands (Delft, Eindhoven), the application process in the Netherlands is also not so complicated.

1. What are the top countries to study engineering?

The top countries to study engineering are the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, and Australia. These countries have highly ranked universities with strong engineering programs and a reputation for producing skilled engineers.

2. How do I choose which country to study engineering in?

When choosing a country to study engineering in, consider factors such as the quality of education, cost of living, job opportunities, and cultural fit. Research the universities in each country and their rankings, as well as the job market for engineers in that country.

3. Are there any scholarships available for studying engineering in certain countries?

Yes, there are many scholarships available for studying engineering in certain countries. Some are offered by the government of the country, while others are offered by universities or private organizations. Research the scholarships available in your desired country and apply for them.

4. What are the benefits of studying engineering in a foreign country?

Studying engineering in a foreign country can provide a unique and valuable experience. It allows you to gain a global perspective, learn about different cultures, and improve your communication and problem-solving skills. It can also make you more marketable to employers in an increasingly globalized world.

5. Do I need to be fluent in the language of the country to study engineering there?

This depends on the country and the university you choose to study at. Some universities may offer engineering programs in English, while others may require fluency in the local language. It is important to research the language requirements of the country and university you are interested in before applying.