Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

CP violation and allowed interactions

1. Dec 25, 2015 #1
    Hi,

My question about CP- violation, but it has many parts, so I appreciate any help about..

First: I know that, any complex coupling leads to CP - violation, so if for example A is a complex scalar, and H is a real scalar, interaction as: A HH will be forbidden if we considered CP conservation, but what about H A A, will it be allowed ?

Second: I read that ## ^{(1)} ## there is no coupling as : Z A A, because CP–invariance im-
    plies that the two Higgs bosons must have an opposite parity. I don't understand why cp -invariance implies that ?

And what about a coupling to a gluon as: G S S ( consider S is a coloured cp- odd or cp- even scalar), will it be allowed ? I mean is there in the strong interactions CP - invariance or violation (since CP- violation observed only in the EW interactions )

Bests,
    s

(1) " arXiv:hep-ph/0503173v2 ", Sec. 1.2.3,

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 29, 2015 #2
    Hi!

Before trying to answer (I am also not an expert but I am trying to learn this stuff my self), I am confused by your question.

You say that any complex coupling generates CP violation. What do you mean? A complex coupling constant, say 'g'? Or a vertex which contains a complex field? The you say that AHH would be forbidden for this reason (because there is one complex field???), and you ask whether HAA would be forbidden. You mean HA*A I guess...

Second, you say " Z A A, because CP–invariance implies that the two Higgs bosons must have an opposite parity"

Where is the Higgs boson here? Are you assuming a CP odd Higgs boson?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook