Find out the number of batteries needed to power 5 devices of 12V for 18 hours

In summary: This will tell you how many amps they draw from the battery. Once you know the amps, you can calculate how many amp-hours are needed to power the devices for 18 hours. This will determine how many batteries are needed, based on the power of the battery being 9600 watts. In summary, to find out the number of batteries needed to power 5 devices of 12V for 18 hours, you need to know the power consumption of the devices in order to calculate the amps and amp-hours needed. This will then determine the number of batteries required, given the power of the battery being 9600 watts.
jesschin
Hi there, I need some help in getting this calculation done. I need to find out the number of batteries needed to power 5 devices of 12V for 18 hours. The voltage of the battery is also 12. Power of battery is 9600 watts.

Please help. Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
jesschin said:
Hi there, I need some help in getting this calculation done. I need to find out the number of batteries needed to power 5 devices of 12V for 18 hours. The voltage of the battery is also 12. Power of battery is 9600 watts.

Please help. Thanks!

Welcome to PF.

The real question is what is the load?

When you know the load - you know the amps.

When you know the amps needed you know the amp-hours needed.

When you know the amp-hours of the batteries ...

LowlyPion said:
Welcome to PF.

The real question is what is the load?

When you know the load - you know the amps.

When you know the amps needed you know the amp-hours needed.

When you know the amp-hours of the batteries ...
sorry, I don really get your point, LowlyPion. Can you explain further in depth? thanks

It's not enough to know what the voltage is of the devices.

You need to know how much power they consume.

What is the formula for calculating the number of batteries needed for 5 devices?

The formula is: Number of batteries = (Power needed x Time needed) / (Battery voltage x Battery capacity).

How do I determine the power needed for 5 devices of 12V?

The power needed for 5 devices of 12V is calculated by multiplying the voltage (12V) by the number of devices (5). In this case, the power needed is 60 watts (12V x 5).

What is the typical battery voltage and capacity for this calculation?

The typical battery voltage is 1.5V and the typical battery capacity is measured in ampere-hours (Ah). However, these values can vary depending on the type and brand of batteries being used.

How long will the batteries last for 5 devices of 12V?

The batteries will last for 18 hours, as stated in the question. This calculation assumes that the devices are using their full power for the entire 18 hours.

What are some factors that may affect the accuracy of this calculation?

Some factors that may affect the accuracy of this calculation include the efficiency of the devices, the age and condition of the batteries, and any external factors such as temperature or usage patterns. It is always best to consult the manufacturer's recommendations for the most accurate results.