Curve of intersection of surfaces

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
jegues
Messages
1,085
Reaction score
3

Homework Statement



See first figure attached

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



I was able to sketch the two curves individually to get an idea of what I'm looking at, but I still can't really visualize how the two curves would intersect each other in the first octant.

Is this crucial to answering this question?

If I can write parametric equations for x, y and z then I could express the curve of intersection in that form. Then I'd simply have to look at values of t for which x=0, y=0 and z=0, right? Those would be the endpoints of the curve when they are exiting the first octant.

Any ideas/suggestions/tips?

Thanks again!
 

Attachments

  • FOQ.jpg
    FOQ.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 516
  • FOQA1.jpg
    FOQA1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 509
Physics news on Phys.org
Bump, still looking for some help on this one!