I Cylindrical Magnet -- How to quantify the strength of the magnetic field created by one?

Hello,
Today I am wondering if anyone can help me quantify the strength of the magnetic field created by a permanent cylindrical magnet. I have been able to find equations online for the strength of the field within the z axis, (ie. the longitudinal length) but I would like to know the strength of the magnetic field in the transverse direction, or the strength of the magnetic field in the outward direction rather than on top or below.

Pythagorean

Gold Member
A cylindrical magnet is finite and, therefore, has edging effects. It's not a straightforward calculation, but Wolfram Alpha briefly touches the calculation superficially (and notes that the guts are complicated) favoring a numerical approach.