Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Deciding aerospace as my course

1. Jan 14, 2007 #1
    hey, guys!
    im thinking of taking aerospace (or aeronautical) engineering as my course.
    but..can someone help me?
    need some info on the course..
    mayB info about aerospace would be helpful
    jz to make sure i take the right course:biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 14, 2007 #2
    This is the Penn State Undergraduate Major entry for Aerospace Engineering:

4. Jan 14, 2007 #3
    thnks!!

oh, i see.
    can ask u?
    is aerospace a new course?

5. Jan 14, 2007 #4

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Hardly. It has been around almost as long as aircraft have.

6. Jan 15, 2007 #5
    hrmm...since i mayB taking aeronautical course, hopefully someone could give me a bit of the picture or experience in studying this course.

whats the interesting part of aeronautical?

how tough is it as they say aeronautical engineering (well, mostly all type of engineering are tough, right? hehe) ?

the duration?

working life?

ok..i asked too much. hehe!!

hope of continuous guidance..

7. Jan 15, 2007 #6
    well all the engineering courses are hard, but I feel aero gets a particularly hard time of it. as in, while aero's are working, the mech-eng's are usually partying. just my observations of course.

8. Jan 15, 2007 #7
    Shouldnt this be in career guidence.

The study of aerodynamics goes back even before the wright brothers flight, right up to da vinci's sketches and the invention of the hot air balloon

9. Jan 16, 2007 #8
    What Uni are you think of???

10. May 1, 2007 #9
    oh:frown: do you mean 7 days a week? just eat, sleep and study? that doesn't sound healthy

11. May 1, 2007 #10
    It's a major which will keep challenging you, so you need a lot of motivation. :) I've done a few other majors, so I know from first hand experience what the difference between aerospace and other majors is. Motivation (and a set of healthy brains) is all you need.

Each year in Holland there are less students of technical majors. Even though the salaries don't seem to change at all, at least it means you can work at any place of your choosing.

Where do you live anyway? Most technical majors are good, so it just depends on what your interested in, and how much you are willing to do. :) Like, the guys at civil engineering will never go as far as aerospace students in math/physics/mech, etc.

12. May 1, 2007 #11
    nope... dates back all the way to Da Vinci

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?