Describe how to perpare 75ml of 0.25M CuSO4 solution

  • Thread starter Thread starter kanana
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
kanana
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Homework Statement
Describe how to prepare 75mL of 0.25M ##CuSO_{4}## solution.
Relevant Equations
N/A
The answer given to me by my teacher is 3 grams. I wasn't there when this was taught, and I have no formulas to use. I have searched for 30 minutes now and haven’t found any sources that gives a explanation. Any help that would lead me in the right direction would be great, thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Is the cupric sulfate from solid or from a given known concentration solution?

Final desired volume of 75 mL is same as 0.075 liters.
Look for formula weight of cupric sulfate, or compute this from data on Periodic Table.

Note, 0.075L*0.25(moles/L)=0.01875 moles of your salt.
 
Last edited: