Design a Long-Distance Paper Car with Lou-Vee-Air

  • Thread starter Thread starter cdowney8
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Car
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
cdowney8
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am a high school senior and for physics class we are making cars out of paper, paper clips, straws, glue, and tape. The cars must have a propulsion system made out of those materials as well. I am struggling at figuring out a design that will go atleast 20 feet. Any ideas? help is greatly appreciated
 
Physics news on Phys.org
cdowney8 said:
I am a high school senior and for physics class we are making cars out of paper, paper clips, straws, glue, and tape. The cars must have a propulsion system made out of those materials as well. I am struggling at figuring out a design that will go atleast 20 feet. Any ideas? help is greatly appreciated
The materials listed don't seem to work unless you are blowing air through the straw and using the paper as a sail. Otherwise, you will need something like an elastic band to store energy.

AM