Diagnosing Myself without Psychology: A Self-Reflection

• Thread starter Gelsamel Epsilon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Psychology
In summary: Lyssophobia, so I know the feeling!) I suggest a pound of chocolate, and stroll under a full moon..oh wait, that's for people with lunaphoiba.I suggest locking yourself in a padded room with a pound of peanuts. Lyssophobia is a real thing, and it's a pretty serious phobia.
Gelsamel Epsilon
Trying to psychologically diagnose myself without any previous psychology lessons it's proving difficult.

-I don't 'care' (in the, care about insults, care about people type sense) about things.
-I think I'm the best, but I don't think it's narcissism because I know my faults, I'm not oblivious to them, I just don't care about them. I'm not oblivious to criticism.
-I'm apathetic to just about all 'negative' emotions, I'm nearly always Happy or Neutral. I extremely seldom (I can't remember when) sad, and I've never been depressed. But I do get irritated and angry sometimes.
-Despite not caring about things I don't break the law, and I'm not really impulsive.
-I'm extremely lazy and indecisive.
-Fairly anti-social except maybe with a few good friends that share my sense of humor etc. Again I don't really care, but I lose just about all motivation to socialize in large groups.

Actually the amount I don't care even extends to this as well, I honestly don't care what I have, but I do think I 'have' something. I'm just curious really. I can't comprehend how people actually care about insults against them, or the opinions of others, or how they can get upset over stuff like that.

Hmm I donno what else to put, I want to get a psych evaluation but I don't want to be put away when they find out I'm a danger to society or something haha :P

Physics news on Phys.org
You have a personality. :biggrin: It's a common affliction. :smile:

You have been spending too much time with a psychology textbook. :biggrin: The affliction you have is called being normal and well-adjusted, maybe just a tad introverted if you prefer small groups of friends rather than large gatherings, but absolutely nothing wrong with that. :smile:

You sound NORMAL, and admittedly, that's pretty UNUSUAL.

You sound quite similar to me, seek immediate help :smile:

I suggest a pound of chocolate, and stroll under a full moon..oh wait, that's for people with lunaphoiba.
Ummmm for Lyssophobia, eat a pound of peanuts and lock yourself in a padded room.

Gelsamel Epsilon said:
Trying to psychologically diagnose myself without any previous psychology lessons it's proving difficult.
<snip>
I honestly don't care what I have, but I do think I 'have' something.
What makes you think so?

Gelsamel Epsilon said:
-I don't 'care' (in the, care about insults, care about people type sense) about things.
-I think I'm the best, but I don't think it's narcissism because I know my faults, I'm not oblivious to them, I just don't care about them. I'm not oblivious to criticism.
This sounds like someone who is garden-variety self-assured.

Gelsamel Epsilon said:
-I'm apathetic to just about all 'negative' emotions, I'm nearly always Happy or Neutral. I extremely seldom (I can't remember when) sad, and I've never been depressed. But I do get irritated and angry sometimes.
-Despite not caring about things I don't break the law, and I'm not really impulsive.
This sounds like someone who has a garden variety complement of emotions.

Gelsamel Epsilon said:
-I'm extremely lazy and indecisive.
-Fairly anti-social except maybe with a few good friends that share my sense of humor etc. Again I don't really care, but I lose just about all motivation to socialize in large groups.
This sounds like someone who is garden variety lacking in solid direction in their lives.

I would say your diagnosis is garden variety narcissicm. You, lilke everybody else, like to talk about yourself. Occasionally, you get the urge to turn the tables, and let other people talk about you for a while. :rolleyes:

Is there anything that you get excited over? Or is every day one mediocre experience after another? Any sources of adrenaline? Maybe you need a bike or some running shoes (that's my cure all for any affliction, except broken legs).

Damn I was hoping it was something more serious so I could brag about it to my friends haha.

Actually I don't like to really talk about myself really. Like I will, but it's not something I prefer over talking about other things. But it's sort of the same when wanting to hear about other people.

And I don't look at myself in the mirror or 'love' myself, I just think I'm the best haha.

The reason why I think I have something is because just about everyone is freakin' sad all the time. And I don't understand it hehe :P.

As for things that I get excited over.

-Realizing over and over that I'm the best.
-Listening to death metal.
-Learning something new and sweet in physics/otherscience.
-Finding or playing a new and sweet computer game :D.

The people who are sad all of the time are the ones with the problem, not you. As the others have said, you sound like a perfectly normal person with the same doubts, fears, ego and all else that goes into being human. The fact that a fair number of us here are not normal might be confusing you. (I am one of several with ADD, and other disorders are rampant in PF.) We simply relate as normal to each other. :biggrin:

By the way, you are NOT the best!
Not with Chroot around, anyhow.:wink:

Gelsamel Epsilon said:
Damn I was hoping it was something more serious so I could brag about it to my friends haha.

Actually I don't like to really talk about myself really. Like I will, but it's not something I prefer over talking about other things. But it's sort of the same when wanting to hear about other people.

And I don't look at myself in the mirror or 'love' myself, I just think I'm the best haha.

The reason why I think I have something is because just about everyone is freakin' sad all the time. And I don't understand it hehe :P.

As for things that I get excited over.

well, you should reprogram yourself by erasing the thought that you are the best.
even if you are above average in the fields that you categorize as important(which by them you define yourself as the best), there will always be a better man to smash this belief of yours.

being competative is bad(and comparing yourself to others is being competative), it makes you dependent on others. and as i see, you try to take the "i don't care" method on things that could have upset you if u did care, which is a good approach to life in my opinion. but comparing yourself to others, is caring, you care about your status in reference to others...
comparing yourself to others, is being defined by others.

i hope u unserstood something out of my mumbo jumbo...oh, and its kinda funny that you show your teen thoughts in a forum with people 3 times your age(maybe 2 times, if they are youngsters...no offence grandpas)

I know there are people better in me in the fields I deem important, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm the best. And honestly I don't care about my status in reference to others, I don't care if you think I'm good or not, or the best or not. I know I'm the best, and my opinion of myself is all that matters.

Gelsamel Epsilon said:
Actually I don't like to really talk about myself really.

I'm pretty sure the poster was just poking fun at the fact that you made this thread about what you may have, hence talking about yourself, and wanted other people to say stuff about you, hence other people well..saying stuff about you :-p

moose said:
I'm pretty sure the poster was just poking fun at the fact that you made this thread about what you may have, hence talking about yourself, and wanted other people to say stuff about you, hence other people well..saying stuff about you :-p

Or he was serious :P

Gelsamel Epsilon said:
I don't care if you think I'm good or not, or the best or not. I know I'm the best, and my opinion of myself is all that matters.
Yet you've come here to solicit opinions about you.:rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with that, just don't pretend you're above caring about the opinions of others.

Last edited:
Gelsamel Epsilon said:

Looking at that list, I'm getting a pretty visual idea about what kind of lifestyle you have...

And you're not the best. I am :-p

Related to Diagnosing Myself without Psychology: A Self-Reflection

1. What is the purpose of diagnosing myself without psychology?

The purpose of diagnosing yourself without psychology is to gain a better understanding of your thoughts, emotions, and behaviors without relying on a professional diagnosis. It allows for self-reflection and can help identify areas for personal growth and improvement.

2. Is diagnosing myself without psychology a reliable method?

Diagnosing yourself without psychology should not be used as a replacement for professional diagnosis. While it can provide valuable insights, it is important to seek the guidance of a trained professional for an accurate diagnosis.

3. What are the potential risks of diagnosing myself without psychology?

One potential risk is misdiagnosis, which can lead to incorrect treatment or neglecting important underlying issues. Additionally, self-diagnosis can also cause unnecessary stress and anxiety. It is important to approach self-diagnosis with caution and seek professional help if needed.

4. How can I diagnose myself without psychology in a responsible manner?

It is important to approach self-diagnosis with an open mind and to gather information from reputable sources. Avoid self-diagnosing based on limited information or assumptions. Seek the help of a mental health professional for guidance and support.

5. Can diagnosing myself without psychology be helpful?

Yes, diagnosing yourself without psychology can be helpful in gaining self-awareness and understanding your own experiences. It can also be a useful tool for self-reflection and personal growth. However, it should not be used as a substitute for professional help when needed.