Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Digital signal processing and the z-transform

1. Oct 4, 2016 #1
    Hi
    I am currently learning Digital Signal Processing from Applied Digital Signal Processing by Manolakis and Ingle. However, my background is in mathematics, so I like being shown why an assertion is true. So, in the chapter about the z-transform is where I start seeing this becoming an issue.

So, what book can I use to complement Manolakis' and Ingles book? Currently, I am just looking for rigorous proofs of the results in the chapter about the z-transform.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 4, 2016 #2

olivermsun

Science Advisor

Do you have any complex analysis textbooks from your math background that touch on the z-transform?

Any example of results that you are particularly interested in rigorous proofs for?

4. Oct 5, 2016 #3
    I have a complex analysis textbook, but I do not think it touches upon the z-transform, but when I am back home, I'll look through the table of contents.

I was reading through the chapter on z-transform two weeks ago, so I do not remember now exactly what I was discontent with. However, I do remember one thing I did not quite understand: When learning about how I can use the ROC to find out what the sequence will look like, I cannot remember learning why it will be the way I was shown it will; I was just told so.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted