Does a humam body movement generate a vacumm trail? and more

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of aerodynamic drag and the generation of pressure behind a moving object due to a difference in air pressure. The speaker also mentions providing more values for calculations if needed. The question posed is about the necessary velocity for a specific volume of a body part to generate a certain amount of pressure on a given radius. The conversation ends with the realization that the desired pressure is not achievable.
Gabriel Ulisses
I will start with an excuse, sorry english is not my main lengauge and i don't practice grammar that much, it is my first time in these forums so be kind, i hope i posted on the right forum thank you for the comprehension.
When you move your arm for example do you generate a trail of vacuum behind it? and does the air ocupating the vacuum space generate force?
I got as especific is i could get if you need anymore values for the calculations ask,i can give preety much anything.
How would you calculate:
What would be the nescessary velocity for a 60cm³ random body part of you (volume) to generate enough vacuum so the air ocupating it space would generate 78 megapascal of pressure on a circle of 3 meter radius?

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

What I think you are referring to is aerodynamic drag. There is a higher pressure area in front of you and a lower pressure area behind. But 78 megapascal? Atmospheric pressure is only 0.1 megapascals, so no...

russ_watters said:
Welcome to PF!

What I think you are referring to is aerodynamic drag. There is a higher pressure area in front of you and a lower pressure area behind. But 78 megapascal? Atmospheric pressure is only 0.1 megapascals, so no...
I was expecting an absurd number, something actually inhumanly posible, and yes i think aerodynamic drag is watch I'm refeering to, it is the air ocupating the vacuum created by movement right?

1. Does a human body movement really generate a vacuum trail?

Yes, it does. When we move our body, we create a disturbance in the air around us. This disturbance causes the air molecules to move and creates a low-pressure area behind us, which can be considered a vacuum trail.

2. Is the vacuum trail generated by human body movement visible?

No, the vacuum trail generated by human body movement is not visible to the naked eye. It is a very subtle effect that can only be observed using specialized equipment or techniques.

3. How long does the vacuum trail generated by human body movement last?

The vacuum trail created by human body movement is short-lived and dissipates quickly. It can last for a few seconds or less, depending on the intensity of the movement and the surrounding environmental conditions.

4. Can the vacuum trail generated by human body movement be measured?

Yes, the vacuum trail generated by human body movement can be measured using specialized equipment such as anemometers or smoke machines. Scientists have also developed mathematical models to calculate the strength and duration of the vacuum trail.

5. Are there any practical applications of studying the vacuum trail generated by human body movement?

Yes, understanding the vacuum trail generated by human body movement can have practical applications in fields such as aerodynamics, wind tunnel testing, and the design of air filtration systems. It can also help in improving the efficiency of human movement in sports and other physical activities.