Does anybody know the answer to this physics problem?

• Thread starter darealprince
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem involving a spinning bicycle wheel and a pebble stuck in the tread. The question asks for the particle's speed and acceleration. The person asking the question has tried multiple times to solve the problem and ultimately discovered that their rounding was incorrect.
darealprince

Homework Statement

Ive have tried it so many times but can't get the right answer but the problem is: Your roommate is working on his bicycle and has the bike upside down. He spins the 54.0 cm-diameter wheel, and you notice that a pebble stuck in the tread goes by three times every second. What is the particles speed? and then what is the particles acceleration?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
How have you attempted this problem? If it goes by 3 times every second, how much distance is it covering in 1 second?

Yes, but after a couple of different attempts, i finally got the answer, it turns out my rounding was off by a couple of digits. But thanks anyways

1. Where can I find help with solving a physics problem?

There are many resources available for help with solving physics problems. You can consult your textbooks, online tutorials, or seek help from a tutor or classmate.

2. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in physics?

Practice, practice, practice! The more you work on physics problems, the more familiar you will become with the concepts and the better you will be at solving them. You can also try breaking down the problem into smaller parts and tackling them one at a time.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving physics problems?

One common mistake is not paying attention to units. Make sure your units are consistent throughout the problem. Another mistake is not fully understanding the given information or making assumptions without checking if they are valid. Also, be sure to double-check your calculations and always include units in your final answer.

4. Is there a specific method for solving physics problems?

There are various problem-solving techniques that can be applied to physics problems, such as identifying the known and unknown variables, using equations and formulas, and drawing diagrams. It is helpful to find a method that works best for you and practice using it consistently.

5. How can I check if my answer to a physics problem is correct?

One way to check your answer is to plug it back into the original equation and see if it satisfies the given information. You can also use online calculators or ask for feedback from a teacher or tutor. Lastly, it is important to understand the concept behind the problem and make sure your answer makes sense in the context of the problem.