Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Does anyone know how to find this paper?

1. Feb 1, 2004 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

NASA Technical Report 19770013810.

Any help is appreciated. I have looked and looked but I can find nothing by googling or by searching various NASA sites. I'm not real adept at the NASA search engines so I may not have been looking in the right place.

The paper discusses some of the physical/physiological effects of infrasound on humans.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 1, 2004 #2

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Do you know the title/author/date of the report?

The report number is turning up a blank on NASA's technical reports server

http://ntrs.nasa.gov

4. Feb 1, 2004 #3

wolram

Gold Member

5. Feb 1, 2004 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

The only place that supposed report turns up is in reference to that guy's book. Strange that he doesn't list the year, title, authors, etc...?

6. Feb 1, 2004 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks all. No enigma that's all I know for now. I am going to email the author that cites the paper and ask for guidance.

7. Feb 2, 2004 #6
  8. Feb 2, 2004 #7

NateTG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Do you mean document:
    or

Which came up in the NASA search and look appropriate?

9. Feb 3, 2004 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

NateTG,
    What am I doing wrong? I did find the one report by searching infrasound in the abstracts [1 of 1800 hits at the server linked by enigma], but I get nothing by entering the report number; even in the advanced search.

10. Feb 6, 2004 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think the answer is that one can't search by report number.

That's a really great feature!

11. Feb 6, 2004 #10

NateTG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

That does seem to be the case. I think I searched for infrasound and just paged through the results. None of the papers are on-line though.

Try something like "infrasound human" in the search fields.

12. Nov 16, 2009 #11
    The NASA Center for AeroSpace Information does not have the full text for DOC ID 19870046176, “The effects of whole-body vibration.” It is available in a variety of European libraries via Worldcat: http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/13456411&referer=brief_results. To find this book throughout Europe enter a specific city or country in the “Enter your Location” box.

DOC ID 19770013810, “Mechanical Resonant Frequency of the Human Eye in Vivo” is available as a full-text PDF online via the Defense Technical Information Center: http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA030476&Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?