Troubleshooting PF Email Issues

• Thread starter EnumaElish
  • Start date
In summary, some users are experiencing issues with receiving mail on their PF email accounts, which have not been supported for several years. The option to access these accounts can be found in the User CP, but the incoming mail needs to be fixed. There is hope that this issue will be resolved by Greg in the near future.
EnumaElish
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
It looks like mail sent to my PF e-mail address never gets there. (Although I can send e-mail from my PF mail.)

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't even know how to get into my PF mail account.

Evo said:
I don't even know how to get into my PF mail account.

Neither do I. I didn't even know one could get a PF mail account (?). I browsed around the User CP options, and couldn't find anything relevant.

It was a feature we had a few years ago and hasn't been support for nearly that long.

radou said:
Neither do I. I didn't even know one could get a PF mail account (?). I browsed around the User CP options, and couldn't find anything relevant.

Its here:
http://physicsforums.mail.everyone.net/email/scripts/loginuser.pl

Its a good email to have. But the incoming mail needs to be fixed. What are the chances of this Greg? [Please fix it :)]

ranger said:
Its here:
http://physicsforums.mail.everyone.net/email/scripts/loginuser.pl

Its a good email to have. But the incoming mail needs to be fixed. What are the chances of this Greg? [Please fix it :)]

Prolly just need to fix the MX records, I'll look into it this weekend.

1. How do I troubleshoot email issues with my PF account?

There are several steps you can take to troubleshoot email issues with your PF account. First, check your internet connection and make sure it is stable. Then, check your email settings to ensure they are correct. If you are still experiencing issues, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. You can also try accessing your email from a different device or browser. If none of these solutions work, contact PF's customer support for further assistance.

2. Why am I not receiving any emails from my PF account?

There could be several reasons why you are not receiving emails from your PF account. First, make sure your email inbox is not full and check your spam or junk folder. If the issue persists, check your email settings to ensure they are correct. It is also possible that the sender's email address has been blocked or marked as spam. If you are still not receiving emails, contact PF's customer support for further assistance.

3. How do I fix the issue of not being able to send emails from my PF account?

If you are unable to send emails from your PF account, the first step is to check your internet connection. Next, make sure your email settings are correct. If the problem persists, try using a different email program or device. You can also try sending the email to a different recipient. If none of these solutions work, contact PF's customer support for further assistance.

4. What should I do if I am receiving error messages when trying to access my PF email?

If you are receiving error messages when trying to access your PF email, first try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If the issue persists, check your internet connection and make sure it is stable. If the problem still persists, contact PF's customer support for further assistance. It is also possible that there may be temporary technical issues with PF's email servers, in which case the issue should resolve itself shortly.

5. How do I troubleshoot issues with attachments not opening in my PF email?

If you are having trouble opening attachments in your PF email, first make sure you have the necessary software or program to open the file. If you do, try downloading the attachment to your computer and opening it from there. If the issue persists, try accessing your email from a different browser or device. If none of these solutions work, contact PF's customer support for further assistance.