Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Does the particle wave duality create unique signatures..

1. Mar 28, 2016 #1
    I know how the particle duality works, but does the duality create its unique pattern. I want to argue no because one can obtain the same momentum with different velocities or mass.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 28, 2016 #2

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I'm afraid I don't understand the question; could you elucidate ? Give an example ?

4. Mar 28, 2016 #3
    Momentum can be represented as a wave, therefore all corresponding mass has a representing wave. All particles have wave duality, by adding wavelengths to create the corresponding wave to that momentum.

5. Mar 28, 2016 #4
    The wave is a representation of both the particle and wave form....They look like straight line with an interrupting wave...Is this any help?

6. Mar 29, 2016 #5

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You might want to check this thread
    Still confused what you want to ask. Is this in an introductory quantum mechanics context ?

7. Mar 29, 2016 #6
    watch this: Near the end it talks about waves being put together...does this create a unique signature of the object.

8. Mar 30, 2016 #7

BvU

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I would say: no, on the contrary: this uncertainty relation is universal.
    So in your post #1
    you have the right idea.
    Feel free to ask more; this is a very fundamental issue :smile: .

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted