Easily Create Formulas on Your Computer: Drag and Drop LaTex Tool

In summary, the conversation is about finding a program that can easily write formulas on a computer and translate them to LaTex. The person recommends MathType, which has a 30-day free trial and then turns into a lite version. The other person has already tried the trial and finds it suitable for their needs.
moe darklight
Hey, is there any program that's easy to use for writing formulas on the computer (I'm thinking like a drag and drop type deal), preferably one that translates the formula to LaTex?

I'm on Mac OS X. but I'm sure there has to be a web applet somewhere on the net that does this?

thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
MathType is quite nice. I think there's a free trial (or crippled) version.

- Warren

got the trial of mathtype, seems pretty much what I needed :) thanks!

Related to Easily Create Formulas on Your Computer: Drag and Drop LaTex Tool

1. What is LaTex and how is it used to create formulas on a computer?

LaTex is a typesetting language that is commonly used in scientific and technical fields for creating documents with complex equations and formulas. It allows for precise formatting and is especially useful for creating mathematical and scientific formulas on a computer.

2. How does the drag and drop feature make creating formulas easier?

The drag and drop feature in a LaTex tool allows users to simply click and drag symbols and functions onto a canvas, making it easier to create complex formulas without having to manually type out each element. This saves time and reduces the chance of errors.

3. Can I customize the appearance of my formulas using this tool?

Yes, most LaTex tools have options for customizing the size, color, and font of your formulas to suit your preferences. This allows for a more visually appealing and professional-looking document.

4. Is this tool suitable for beginners with little to no coding experience?

Yes, many LaTex tools have a user-friendly interface and do not require extensive coding knowledge. The drag and drop feature also makes it more accessible for beginners to create formulas without having to learn complex coding syntax.

5. Can I share my formulas with others who do not have the LaTex tool?

Yes, you can save your formulas as image files or export them as PDFs to share with others who do not have the LaTex tool. This allows for easy collaboration and sharing of formulas with colleagues or classmates.