Dual op-amp output voltage as function of source

In summary, the conversation involved finding Vo as a function of Vs in an op-amp circuit with negative feedback. The suggested approach was to use KCL and solve for Vo in terms of other voltages, specifically Vo1 and Vn1. After some guidance and solving, the final answer was Vo = Vs (Rf1*Rf2*Rf3)/(Rs1(Rs2*Rf3-Rf2*Rf1)).
gfd43tg
Gold Member

Homework Statement

Find Vo as a function of Vs

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

My thought process so far is to do KCL and find Vo as a function of Vn2, then Vn2 as a function of Vo1, then Vo1 and Vo as a function of Vn1, then Vn1 as a function of Vs, finally giving me Vo as a function of Vs. This seems extraordinarily difficult to do all those substitutions, but I see nothing else as of this moment

Attachments

• 5.5 attempt 1.pdf
    143.4 KB · Views: 256
  • 5.5.jpg
    5.5.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 460
Physics news on Phys.org
Keep in mind the properties of op-amp circuits where negative feedback is provided. How are the potentials on the input terminals related?

I'd suggest beginning with the output stage and determine what Vo is in terms of Vo1. Then KCL at the Vn1 node.

Likes 1 person
do a kcl at all non driven and non ground nodes.
in other words, do a kcl at the negative nodes of each op-amp.
then solve for the answer

Likes 1 person
Alright following your collected guidance, my friend and I solved it and got the same answer. Thank you! I did not set the voltage at the inputs to zero, no wonder it was so complicated.

What was your answer?

Vo = Vs (Rf1*Rf2*Rf3)/(Rs1(Rs2*Rf3-Rf2*Rf1))

Your answer looks good

1. How does the output voltage of a dual op-amp vary with the source voltage?

The output voltage of a dual op-amp is directly proportional to the source voltage. This means that as the source voltage increases, the output voltage will also increase. However, the exact relationship between the two can vary depending on the specific characteristics and design of the op-amp.

2. What is the maximum output voltage that can be achieved with a dual op-amp?

The maximum output voltage of a dual op-amp is determined by its power supply voltage. Typically, the maximum output voltage will be slightly less than the power supply voltage, as there will be some voltage drop across the op-amp itself. For example, if a dual op-amp is powered with a +/- 15V supply, the maximum output voltage will be slightly less than 15V.

3. Can the output voltage of a dual op-amp be negative?

Yes, the output voltage of a dual op-amp can be negative. This is because the op-amp has two inputs, one of which is designated as the inverting input. Depending on the input signals and feedback configuration, the output voltage can be positive or negative relative to the inverting input.

4. How does the output voltage of a dual op-amp change with different feedback configurations?

The output voltage of a dual op-amp can change significantly with different feedback configurations. In a non-inverting configuration, the output voltage will be equal to the input voltage multiplied by the op-amp's gain. In an inverting configuration, the output voltage will be equal to the input voltage multiplied by the negative of the op-amp's gain. Other feedback configurations, such as a voltage divider or summing amplifier, will have their own unique relationships between the input and output voltages.

5. What factors can affect the accuracy of the output voltage of a dual op-amp?

There are several factors that can affect the accuracy of the output voltage of a dual op-amp. These include variations in the power supply voltage, temperature, and component tolerances. Additionally, the choice of op-amp and its specifications, such as input offset voltage and bias currents, can also impact the accuracy of the output voltage. Careful consideration must be taken when selecting and designing with a dual op-amp to ensure the desired accuracy is achieved.