Easy problem giving me trouble

• Thread starter tbontom
  • Start date
In summary, a string trimmer is a tool that uses a rotating nylon string to cut grass and weeds. The string rotates at an angular speed of 42 rev/s and has a tangential speed of 46 m/s. The relationship between angular speed and tangential speed is discussed in the textbook section on angular kinematics. To find the length of the rotating string, one can use the formula w = 2pi*r/t. In order to fully understand this concept, imagining a particle moving in a circle with given radius and tangential speed can be helpful.
tbontom
A string trimmer is a tool for cutting grass and weeds; it utilizes a length of nylon "string" that rotates about an axis perpendicular to one end of the string. The string rotates at an angular speed of 42 rev/s, and its tip has a tangential speed of 46 m/s. What is the length of the rotating string?

Physics news on Phys.org
there is a specific relationship between angular speed and tangential speed. Find the section in your textbook that deals with angular kinematics. Once you find it you will want to hit yourself.

If it helps, imagine a particle moving in a circle of radius 5 meters, with a tangential speed of 1 m/s. How many revolutions would this particle make in one second?

Its just not clicking, I tried this and it didn't work w = 2pi*42/60
r = 46/w

i got it and boy do i feel like an idiot, thank buddy

thanks**

1. Why am I struggling with this "easy" problem?

It is common for people to struggle with problems that are labeled as "easy". This could be due to a lack of understanding of the concepts involved, confusion about the problem itself, or simply a lack of practice with similar problems.

2. How can I make this "easy" problem easier?

One way to make an "easy" problem easier is to break it down into smaller, more manageable parts. This can help you identify specific areas where you are struggling and focus your efforts on those areas.

3. Is there a specific strategy I should use to solve this "easy" problem?

There are many different problem-solving strategies that can be used for different types of problems. It is important to identify the type of problem you are facing and then choose a suitable strategy to approach it. Some common strategies include working backwards, drawing diagrams, and using trial and error.

4. Should I ask for help with this "easy" problem?

It is always a good idea to ask for help if you are struggling with a problem, regardless of its difficulty level. This could be in the form of asking a classmate or teacher for assistance, or seeking out additional resources such as textbooks or online tutorials.

5. How can I avoid getting stuck on "easy" problems in the future?

The best way to avoid getting stuck on "easy" problems is to regularly practice problem-solving and review the concepts involved. This can help build your understanding and confidence, making it easier to tackle similar problems in the future.