Eclipse of the Moon from Sydney, Australia 10 Dec 2011 video

In summary, two individuals named Barry and an unidentified person discuss the eclipse of the moon that occurred last night. Barry mentions that he was able to see it from his location in Sydney, Australia, and shares a video of the event. The other person expresses their disappointment in not being able to see any lunar eclipses this year and hopes to see the next one in 2014, which will be visible from all of North America.
baz201
G'dday

My name's Barry. I live in Sydney Australia.

We got a reasonably good view of the eclipse of the moon last night. Was cloudy to start with, but cleared up later when the full eclipse happened. The event began about 11.45PM and ended about 2.45AM, so we were in a good position to see it all. I'll share some of what I saw here with this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMNqKvCdMLU

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Man, haven't seen any of the Lunar eclipses this year at all. Maybe in 2014 I'll see the next total one, it's actually visible from all of NA.

Let's hope you guys get to see the next one too!

Related to Eclipse of the Moon from Sydney, Australia 10 Dec 2011 video

1. What causes a lunar eclipse?

A lunar eclipse occurs when the Earth passes between the Moon and the Sun, blocking the sunlight from reaching the Moon. This can only happen during a full moon when the Moon is on the opposite side of the Earth from the Sun.

2. Why is the moon red during a lunar eclipse?

The Earth's atmosphere filters out most of the blue light, allowing only red light to pass through and reach the Moon. This gives the Moon a reddish hue during a total lunar eclipse.

3. How often does a lunar eclipse occur?

A lunar eclipse can occur up to three times a year, although it is not visible from all parts of the world each time. This depends on the alignment of the Earth, Moon, and Sun.

4. What makes the December 2011 lunar eclipse unique?

The December 2011 lunar eclipse was special because it was a total lunar eclipse, meaning the Moon passed completely through the Earth's shadow, and it was also visible from most parts of the world, including Sydney, Australia.

5. How does a lunar eclipse affect the Moon's appearance?

During a lunar eclipse, the Moon can appear reddish, orange, or even brown in color, depending on the amount of sunlight that passes through the Earth's atmosphere. The Moon may also appear dimmer or darker than usual during the eclipse.