What is the Edwin V. Gray EMA Motor and how does it work?

• Thread starter Mr Cheese
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Motor
In summary, the conversation is about the topic of Edwin V. Gray's Electromagnetic Association Motor, which one person thinks is suspicious and possibly a perpetual motion machine. However, discussing perpetual motion is banned on the forum and the other person is asking for information about the motor.
Mr Cheese
Hi Guys!

First post, hope it's in the right place.

Ok so here's the deal. A friend of mine sent me an article about Edwin V. Gray's Electromagnetic Association Motor. It looks pretty suspicious to me (a perpetual motion thing) but I couldn't find any accessible explanation on how it works so I can't really make any comment on it. (The article uses terms like 'casual positron energy' and 'splitting the positive').

Does anybody know anything about it? If so could you tell me if it's a hoax or just an incredibly efficient engine and give some kind of explanation on how it works or doesn't work using well defined terms.

Thanks in anticipation!

-Mr Cheese

Physics news on Phys.org
Unfortunately, perpetual motion machines is a banned topic for this forum (there's a long history of it).

If it isn't published in peer-reviewed journals and been verified, we cannot discuss it on here. It attracts way too many crackpots.

Zz.

@ZapperZ

I'm not suggesting it is perpetual motion. I'm just trying to get information about it.

1. What is Edwin V. Gray's EMA Motor?

Edwin V. Gray's EMA (Electromagnetic Association) Motor is an electromagnetic free energy device developed by inventor Edwin V. Gray in the 1970s. It claims to produce more energy than it consumes, making it a potential source of unlimited free energy.

2. How does the EMA Motor work?

The EMA Motor works by utilizing electromagnetic energy to produce motion. It consists of a series of coils and magnets arranged in a specific pattern, which creates a continuous flow of energy when activated.

3. Is the EMA Motor a legitimate invention?

The legitimacy of the EMA Motor is a highly debated topic. While some claim that it is a groundbreaking invention that could revolutionize the energy industry, others are skeptical of its claims and believe it to be a hoax.

4. Has the EMA Motor been successfully tested?

There have been numerous attempts to test the EMA Motor, but no conclusive evidence has been presented to prove its functionality. Some claim to have witnessed successful demonstrations, while others argue that the results could be explained by other factors such as hidden power sources.

5. Is it possible to build and use an EMA Motor?

There is no clear answer to this question. While some individuals have attempted to replicate the EMA Motor, there are no known instances of a successfully functioning device. In addition, the patent for the EMA Motor has expired, potentially making it legal to build and use, but its effectiveness remains unproven.