EE student and C/C++ developer

• C/C++
  • Thread starter TheComet
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is working on their bachelor thesis in electronic engineering, focusing on a low power ultrasonic based flowmeter using a new SoC. They are particularly interested in using a sigma-delta modulator based ADC. The project also involves hardware design, simulation, and fabrication, as well as implementing digital filter algorithms. In their free time, they work on C/C++ projects, such as an acoustic wave simulator for real-time applications. They are knowledgeable in electronic circuits, signal processing, programming, and control theory, but may not be as knowledgeable in particle physics, quantum mechanics, material science, or mechanics in general.
TheComet
Hi all!

By day I work on my bachelor thesis in my final electronic engineering semester. It involves the design, implementation and verification of a low power ultrasonic based flowmeter using a new SoC. I am most excited about being able to use a sigma-delta modulator based ADC, because these are simply fascinating in theory. The project has things ranging from hardware design, simulation and fabrication to implementing digital filter algorithms.

By night I work on over-ambitious C/C++ projects. My current project is an attempt at an acoustic wave simulator for real-time applications (such as computer games). It involves calculating wave propagation in a static 3D scene and using system identification techniques to synthesize digital filters describing point-to-point impulse responses. These will be very efficient to apply in real-time, both in memory footprint and processing speed.

On PF I will be most helpful with questions involving electronic circuits, signal processing, programming questions, and control theory.

I will probably look stupid when asking questions about particle physics, quantum mechanics, material science, or anything that involves mechanics in general.

Likes berkeman
Technology news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. We're glad to have you.

1. What is an EE student and C/C++ developer?

An EE (Electrical Engineering) student and C/C++ developer is a person who is studying or has a degree in electrical engineering and has expertise in programming languages like C and C++. These individuals have a strong understanding of both hardware and software systems and can develop applications and programs that interact with electronic devices and systems.

2. What skills are needed to become an EE student and C/C++ developer?

To become an EE student and C/C++ developer, one needs to have a good understanding of electrical engineering concepts, such as circuit analysis, digital systems, and signal processing. They also need to have a strong grasp of programming languages like C and C++, as well as knowledge of software development concepts and techniques.

3. What kind of projects can an EE student and C/C++ developer work on?

EE students and C/C++ developers can work on a variety of projects, such as developing embedded systems for electronic devices, designing and programming control systems, creating software for data acquisition and analysis, and developing algorithms for signal processing. They can also work on projects related to robotics, automation, and Internet of Things (IoT).

4. What industries employ EE students and C/C++ developers?

EE students and C/C++ developers can find employment in various industries, including consumer electronics, telecommunications, automotive, aerospace, and defense. They can also work in research labs, government agencies, and start-up companies that specialize in developing electronic devices and systems.

5. What are the benefits of being an EE student and C/C++ developer?

Being an EE student and C/C++ developer opens up a wide range of career opportunities in various industries. These individuals have a unique skill set that is in high demand and can command high salaries. They also have the satisfaction of creating and developing innovative solutions that can impact the world in a meaningful way.