1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

EE Undergrad Considering Minor/Major Physics (?)

1. Jun 7, 2015 #1

Ani

I'm about to start my EE Undergrad at the University of Washington. I'm planning my future concentration to be in robotic-prosthesis. I'm considering either majoring or minoring in Physics and I'm wondering if this is worth it. Although, I love Physics, I don't know if it's worth my time (or if could afford it) or I should minor/major in another field that is helpful to my intended concentration. I can't foresee how Physics could be advantageous to my intended concentration. Any advice?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 7, 2015 #2
    How many more classes would you have to take if you threw in a physics minor? I would figure it wouldn't be more than 2 or 3...

4. Jun 7, 2015 #3
    That's something you should decide as you're scheduling to see if it's really feasible. I wasn't planning on doing a physics minor (I was doing a math minor) until I looked at my schedule one semester and looked at the available physics courses and noticed that it seemed to fall into line perfectly. And so taking one extra class per semester a couple of times, I can get a physics minor, but it may not be that easy for you depending on what your school requires. I'd wait to tackle that question until you're finishing up freshman year or in your sophomore year or so, as you'll be able to see how much you like physics in the first place from your introductory physics courses (mechanics and EM).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook