Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Effect Pressure In Main tube due to outlets

1. Mar 22, 2015 #1

SaX

I had to detect a Leakage in my pipe ,and i am really confused whether the Darcy Weisbach or Hagen-poiseuille
    equation will be satisfied by the current criteria ,as described below:

I have a main tube with ends A and B and various outlets,suppose n outlets are present between A and B ,
    I have the pressure at both A and B and flow rates can be measured at both A and B, and may be at all the outlets( If only flow rate between A and B are themselves not sufficient) ,if flow rates are measured a instant t.
    Then flow rate must satisfy the Eq. A= B+ N outlets.

Hence is there is leakage there will be additional pressure loss and may be flow rate decrease
    Can these those two relation help me out? all I have is capability to measure pressure and flow rate at each outlet

Is there a need to measure flow rates at each outlet won't the difference between A and B flow rate just enough?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 27, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook