Electromagnetic Field Detector

In summary, the conversation is about finding an electromagnetic field detector with high resolution for measuring wave intensity on a grid and transferring the data to a computer. The person suggests using a digital camera, but more details are needed such as the frequency range and sensitivity required. The person also mentions the need for it to work with non-visible wavelengths and does not require wavelength information, only intensity. They express gratitude for the suggestion of bolometric detection.
tot
I am looking for an electromagnetic field detector that can detect use to detect the intensity of wave on a grid and return the results to a computer.
the higher the resolution the better.
does anyone know where this can be purchased?
how could one be designed?

Physics news on Phys.org
You just described a digital camera...

You need be more specific: What is the frequency range? Is bolometric detection enough or do you need to know the frequency of the radiation? What kind of sensitivity do you need.

I would need it to work with wavelengths outside of the visible spectrum.
I don't need it to tell me the wavelength, but I just need to know the intensity.
I will read about bolometric thank you for the keyword.

What is an Electromagnetic Field Detector?

An Electromagnetic Field Detector is a scientific instrument used to detect and measure the strength and direction of electromagnetic fields in a given area. It is commonly used in various fields such as physics, engineering, and environmental studies.

How does an Electromagnetic Field Detector work?

An Electromagnetic Field Detector works by using sensors and coils to detect changes in the electric and magnetic fields surrounding it. These changes are then converted into measurable data, such as frequency and amplitude, which can be displayed on a screen or recorded for further analysis.

What are the applications of an Electromagnetic Field Detector?

Electromagnetic Field Detectors have a wide range of applications, including but not limited to, studying the Earth's magnetic field, detecting and locating electronic devices, measuring the strength of radio waves, and monitoring radiation levels in the environment.

Are there different types of Electromagnetic Field Detectors?

Yes, there are different types of Electromagnetic Field Detectors, each designed for specific purposes. Some common types include magnetometers, gaussmeters, and EMF meters. Each type has its own set of features and capabilities, so it is important to choose the right type for your specific needs.

Is it safe to use an Electromagnetic Field Detector?

Yes, it is generally safe to use an Electromagnetic Field Detector. However, it is important to follow safety precautions and use the detector as instructed. Avoid prolonged exposure to strong electromagnetic fields and always wear protective gear when working in hazardous environments.