1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electromechanical vs. Mechanical Engineering

1. Oct 23, 2011 #1
    Hello everyone, I'm a bit new to PF so bear with me here.

I'm currently a senior in high school and I've been dead set on a ME degree since 8th grade, however I recently discovered that one of my main school choices offers electromechanical engineering as a major. Since I also have a growing interest in all things electrical, I'm considering that as a possibility.

Apart from the obvious fact that electromechanical incorporates elements from both EE and ME, I'm looking for some insight about generally how in-depth each element (EE and ME) is in the program vs. a pure EE or ME degree.

Also, I'm wondering how this differs from ME with a minor in EE, or vice versa. Are there any electromechanical engineer grads out there who wish they took this path instead? Are there any who are glad they chose electromechanical?

Any input on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nick

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted