Electronic Instrument Amplifier

It is about 10. And R5/R3 is not equal to 20, it is about 25. So your Vout should be closer to Vout = -25V1 - 10V2.
foobag
Need some help guys

https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32237&d=1297816285

I began to analyze it and I got to this:

OA2 is a non inverting amplifer
OA1 is a voltage follower

thus:

V1(1+ (R1/R2) is the input for R3 into the final op-amp OA3 which is an inverting op-amp. And V2 is the second input that goes through R4 into the op-amp OA3.

Could someone please verify my logic, and tell me whether this is a summarizing op-amp in the end with 2 inputs into the negative terminal, with feedback resistor R5?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
foobag said:
Need some help guys

https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32237&d=1297816285

I began to analyze it and I got to this:

OA2 is a non inverting amplifer
OA1 is a voltage follower

thus:

V1(1+ (R1/R2) is the input for R3 into the final op-amp OA3 which is an inverting op-amp. And V2 is the second input that goes through R4 into the op-amp OA3.

Could someone please verify my logic, and tell me whether this is a summarizing op-amp in the end with 2 inputs into the negative terminal, with feedback resistor R5?

Thanks!

Could you please re-post the attachment? Something happened with it. (not your fault, I don't think)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for your input

i got a funny output: V_out = -20(V1) - 1.961(V2)

the 2nd part of the question asks to design a new circuit with Vout = 25(V1) - 10(V2), so aside from changing the resistors would I have to change OA2 into an inverting op amp itself so that it potentially switches the sign of V1 from negative to positive?

thanks!

foobag said:
thanks for your input

i got a funny output: V_out = -20(V1) - 1.961(V2)

That doesn't look right. The V2 gain should be about 20 as well, I think. Can you post your work?

the 2nd part of the question asks to design a new circuit with Vout = 25(V1) - 10(V2), so aside from changing the resistors would I have to change OA2 into an inverting op amp itself so that it potentially switches the sign of V1 from negative to positive?

thanks!

Yes, you would invert the first gain stage for V1.

i did v1(1+(r1/r2))/r3 + v2/r4 = -Vout/R5

so vout = -(r5/r3)V1(1+(r1/r2)) - (r5/r4)v2

pluggin in resistor values i got

vout = -20v1 - 1.961v2

is this wrong?

foobag said:
i did v1(1+(r1/r2))/r3 + v2/r4 = -Vout/R5

so vout = -(r5/r3)V1(1+(r1/r2)) - (r5/r4)v2

pluggin in resistor values i got

vout = -20v1 - 1.961v2

is this wrong?

R5/R4 is not equal to 1.96...

1. What is an electronic instrument amplifier?

An electronic instrument amplifier is a device that is used to increase the amplitude of an electrical signal from a musical instrument, such as a guitar or keyboard. It is an essential component in sound amplification systems, allowing the instrument to be heard at a louder volume.

2. How does an electronic instrument amplifier work?

An electronic instrument amplifier works by taking the original electrical signal from the instrument and amplifying it through a series of components, such as transistors, capacitors, and resistors. These components work together to increase the voltage of the signal, resulting in a louder sound.

3. What are the different types of electronic instrument amplifiers?

There are several types of electronic instrument amplifiers, including tube amplifiers, solid-state amplifiers, and digital amplifiers. Tube amplifiers use vacuum tubes to amplify the signal, while solid-state amplifiers use transistors. Digital amplifiers use digital processing to amplify the signal.

4. How do I choose the right electronic instrument amplifier for my needs?

When choosing an electronic instrument amplifier, it is important to consider the type of instrument you will be using, the type of music you will be playing, and the size of the venue you will be performing in. It is also important to consider the wattage and features of the amplifier, such as built-in effects and multiple channels.

5. Can I use an electronic instrument amplifier for other purposes?

While electronic instrument amplifiers are designed specifically for musical instruments, they can also be used for other purposes, such as amplifying the sound from a microphone or a digital audio player. However, it is important to note that the frequency response and tone may not be optimal for these other purposes.