1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electronics cabinet cooling system

1. Jun 10, 2015 #1
    Hello

I am designing the cooling system for cabinet with all the electronic components inside.
    I am using 2 axial fan with louvers at one end and other end has exhaust louvers.

Currently i want to optimize the air flow/cfm inside the cabinet so that i can maintain overall temperature under control.

can you help me to understand what is the problem case i should consider.
    I want to understand the effect of louver geometry on air flow system design.
    Angle of opening
    size of louver

Terms like
    pressure drop
    turbulence

what is good what is not !

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 10, 2015 #2

DEvens

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome to the forum.

This is one of those questions that designers face many times. You should be able to look up the answer in catalogs of cabinets from manufacturers. They will tell you things like the heat load supported by various configurations of cabinet, louver, and fan. Doing it from first principles is a long, complicated task. Unless you are most interested in the task for learning purposes, I would say to dispense with doing it yourself. Depend on prior experience of people who make cabinets and have been testing them for many years.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook