Electronics Engineering graduation Project Ideas ?

In summary, Sayed Ahmed is considering doing an aerospace/aircraft engineering project, Jonlg_UK is considering designing and building a GPS tracker, and others are suggesting researching different projects.
Sayed Ahmed
Hello guys
I will be graduating this year getting my Bachelor of Engineering Technology going through Electronics Engineering. I have to work and think about a graduation project to do. So i have been searching around for some ideas to start with.
One of the ideas I had was, since our Mechanical engineering students are building some cars, I can design and implement the electronics of the car as my project.
The Second Idea was to design and build security gates for a big company, the gates which opens with magnetic keys.

So i would like to hear some more Ideas from you guys, I'm not asking for the whole project to do for me, I just need ideas about some interesting things I can do.

Sayed Ahmed

Engineering news on Phys.org
You mention Aerospace in your other post. Maybe you can do an EE project that involves Aerospace/Aircraft engineering...

Maybe instead of implementing a car's electrical system, you could do a small aircraft's electrical system, including the autopilot...

I would go for something that matches the particular industry you want to get in with. Employers will nearly always ask you what your final year project was about. If you have experience with a process or the same type of instrumentation that they use then it will be very encouraging to them. If you plan to go into the world of academia, maybe you could find a PhD student or post doc and ask them if they have any research based problems relating to their project that you can work on. Chances are they will and chances are they will give you a lot of help because it is in their best interest as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you berkeman
I was thinking the same as a project, however my tutors didn't agree with it, as it will be a bit hard, and as the university don't have all equipments required for such project.

jonlg_UK, Thanks for your replay, I will consider the idea you have, i will be doing a list of projects and ideas and then try to choose, so its a good idea.

another idea I had is, designing and building a GPS Tracker for cars or for mobile phones, but to be honest i tried to get some information about it and how to start, but i didn't find info about it.

I would like to hear some other suggestions that i might consider researching on before doing it.

As a fellow scientist in the field of electronics engineering, I can offer some potential ideas for your graduation project. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Smart Home Automation System: Design and build a system that allows for remote control and automation of various home devices such as lights, thermostats, and security systems.

2. Wearable Technology: Create a wearable device that tracks and monitors various health metrics such as heart rate, sleep patterns, and physical activity.

3. Renewable Energy Monitoring System: Develop a system that can track and analyze energy usage in a building and suggest ways to optimize energy consumption using renewable sources.

4. Internet of Things (IoT) Based Weather Station: Build a weather station that collects and transmits data to a central server, allowing for real-time monitoring and analysis of weather patterns.

5. Autonomous Drone: Design and build a drone that can fly and navigate autonomously using sensors and GPS technology.

6. Virtual/Augmented Reality Headset: Create a headset that allows for immersive virtual or augmented reality experiences.

7. Smart Traffic Management System: Develop a system that uses sensors and data analysis to optimize traffic flow and reduce congestion in a city.

8. Biometric Authentication System: Create a secure and accurate biometric authentication system using facial recognition, fingerprint scanning, or other biometric measures.

These are just a few ideas to get you started. You could also consider collaborating with other students or professors to combine different areas of expertise and create a more complex project. Good luck with your graduation project!

What is Electronics Engineering graduation project?

Electronics Engineering graduation project is a culminating project that students in an Electronics Engineering program must complete in order to graduate. It allows students to apply their knowledge and skills in a practical manner by designing and implementing a project related to the field of Electronics Engineering.

How do I choose a project idea for my Electronics Engineering graduation project?

Choosing a project idea requires a careful consideration of your interests, skills, and the latest developments in the field of Electronics Engineering. You can also consult with your professors, industry professionals, and fellow students for project ideas.

What are some examples of Electronics Engineering graduation project ideas?

Some examples of Electronics Engineering graduation project ideas include designing a smart home system, developing a wireless communication network, creating a robotic arm, constructing a solar-powered car, or designing a circuit for a medical device.

How long does it take to complete an Electronics Engineering graduation project?

The duration of an Electronics Engineering graduation project can vary depending on the complexity of the project and the resources available. Generally, it can take anywhere from a few months to a year to complete.

What are the benefits of completing an Electronics Engineering graduation project?

Completing an Electronics Engineering graduation project allows students to apply their theoretical knowledge to a real-world problem, enhance their practical skills, and demonstrate their abilities to potential employers. It also serves as a valuable addition to their portfolio and can help them stand out in the job market.