Solving Line Integrals with TI-89 Emag Program

• Thread starter yugoo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Program
In summary, it seems like the program Emag is causing some trouble for the user when trying to evaluate a line integral along a rectangular path. The user has tried inputting the necessary parameters, but is still unable to proceed. It may be worth looking into compatibility issues with the TI 89 Titanium.
yugoo
Hi, i was just wondering that if someone has this program called Emag for their ti 89 titanium. I can't seem to make this program work properly. This is from the symbulator site. It is for integrals, curls, gradients etc. I couldn't get the progam to work properly. I tries to do this example:

For F=[y,-x,o] in cartesian, evaluate the line integral F*dl along the path defined by
y=2x and z=4x, between the points (0,0,0) and (1,2,4)

F2 lines([y,-x,0])
choose rect
integration variable x
x initial = 0
x final = 1
y= 2*x
z = 4*x
F5 [enter]
answer is zero

but was unable to go after the step of F2 lines..., i don't know what they mean when they say choose rect. Are there any compatability issues,since the program was made for 89 not 89 t. Any help will be appreciated . Thanks

Computer science news on Phys.org
Hi there! It sounds like you're having some trouble with the program. I'm not familiar with Emag, but it looks like you need to select a rectangular path in order to evaluate the line integral. Once you've done that, you need to define the parameters of the rectangular path. The example you provided looks like it involves setting the integration variable as x, the initial value as 0, the final value as 1, and then inputting the equations for y and z. After you've done that, press F5 to evaluate the integral.

If you're still having trouble, it might be worth looking into whether there are any compatibility issues between the program and the TI 89 Titanium. Hopefully that helps!

I am not familiar with this specific program and its compatibility with different calculators. However, I can provide some general advice for solving line integrals using a TI-89 calculator.

Firstly, it is important to ensure that the program is compatible with your specific calculator model. If the program was designed for the TI-89 and you are using a TI-89 Titanium, there may be compatibility issues that could prevent the program from working properly.

Secondly, when using a program to solve line integrals, it is important to carefully input the correct parameters and functions. In this case, it seems that the program is asking for the path to be defined in terms of x, y, and z. However, the example given only provides equations for y and z in terms of x. It may be necessary to input the function for x as well in order for the program to work properly.

Additionally, when the program asks for "choose rect," it is likely referring to choosing the rectangular coordinate system. This may be necessary for the program to properly evaluate the line integral.

In general, it is always a good idea to carefully read through the instructions and make sure all parameters are correctly inputted when using a program to solve mathematical problems. If you continue to have difficulties, it may be helpful to consult the program's user manual or seek assistance from the program's developer.

Related to Solving Line Integrals with TI-89 Emag Program

1. How do I input a line integral into the TI-89 Emag Program?

To input a line integral into the TI-89 Emag Program, you will need to use the "Integrate" function. Press the "Apps" button on your calculator, then select "Emag" from the list of applications. From there, select "Integrate" and follow the prompts to input your line integral.

2. Can the TI-89 Emag Program solve complex line integrals?

Yes, the TI-89 Emag Program is capable of solving complex line integrals. However, you will need to ensure that your input is in the correct format and that your calculator is set to the appropriate mode for complex number calculations.

3. How does the TI-89 Emag Program handle singularities in line integrals?

The TI-89 Emag Program will typically return an error message if a singularity is encountered in a line integral. It is important to double-check your input and make sure that there are no singularities in the function being integrated.

4. Can I graph the results of a line integral using the TI-89 Emag Program?

Yes, the TI-89 Emag Program has a built-in graphing function that allows you to visualize the results of a line integral. After solving the integral, simply press the "Graph" button to see the graph.

5. Is there a limit to the complexity of line integrals that the TI-89 Emag Program can solve?

The TI-89 Emag Program is capable of solving a wide range of line integrals, but there may be some limitations depending on the complexity of the integral. If you encounter any issues, it is recommended to break the integral into smaller, more manageable parts and solve them individually.