Energy unit to kelvin, seconds, density, length

The density conversion can be done using the energy density formula ##\rho = E/V## where ##V## is the volume. In natural units, the volume is just ##V=1/m^3##, so the density in natural units is just ##E##. In summary, To convert 1GeV to Kelvin, use the conversion factor 1GeV = 11.604K. To convert GeV^-1 to meters, use the conversion factor GeV^-1 = 8.05*10^14m. To convert GeV^4 to density, use the formula density = GeV^4.
June_cosmo

Homework Statement

Convert 1 ##Gev## to Kelvin, and convert ##GeV^{-1}## to meters, seconds, and convert ##GeV^4## to density ##(kg/ m^3).##

Homework Equations

natural units ##c=h=k_B=1##

The Attempt at a Solution

I know to convert energy to meters, I can use
##\lambda =hc/E##, I get the result ##GeV^{-1}=8.05*10^{14}m##
But I don't know what other formulas I should use in order to complete the other conversions. Thanks for any hint!

Physics news on Phys.org
June_cosmo said:

Homework Statement

Convert 1 ##Gev## to Kelvin, and convert ##GeV^{-1}## to meters, seconds, and convert ##GeV^4## to density ##(kg/ m^3).##

Homework Equations

natural units ##c=h=k_B=1##

The Attempt at a Solution

I know to convert energy to meters, I can use
##\lambda =hc/E##, I get the result ##GeV^{-1}=8.05*10^{14}m##
But I don't know what other formulas I should use in order to complete the other conversions. Thanks for any hint!
Wiki's entry on the "electron volt" lists all the conversion factors except for the density.

1. What is energy unit?

The energy unit is a measurement of the amount of energy in a system. It is typically measured in joules (J) or calories (cal).

2. How do you convert energy units to kelvin?

To convert energy units to kelvin, you can use the formula E = kT, where E is energy, k is the Boltzmann constant (1.38 x 10^-23 J/K), and T is temperature in kelvin. Simply rearrange the formula to solve for T.

3. What is the relationship between energy units and seconds?

Energy and time are both fundamental units in physics. The relationship between them is defined by the equation E = Pt, where E is energy, P is power (measured in watts), and t is time in seconds. This equation shows how energy is the product of power and time.

4. How is density measured?

Density is a measure of how much mass is contained in a given volume. It is typically measured in kilograms per cubic meter (kg/m^3). To find the density of an object, you divide its mass by its volume.

5. What is the difference between length and energy units?

Length and energy units are two different types of measurements. Length is a measure of distance, while energy is a measure of the ability to do work. They are related in some equations, such as the equation for potential energy (PE=mgh), where length (h) is a factor in determining energy. However, they cannot be directly converted between each other.