Engineering science at the University of Toronto for A levels students

In summary, if you have received 4As in your GCE AS Level results and 1360 in your SATs, along with 9A+ and 2A in your SPM exams, you have a strong chance of being accepted into the University of Toronto's engineering science program. However, admission is not guaranteed and will depend on the number of applicants and the competition for spots in the program.
Lalala
Hi I'm doing A levels now and I'm planning to go to University of Toronto next year September for engineering science, my question is what are the grades needed for my AS and A2 level to get into engineering science? My trial results are A in Chemistry and Math, A- in physics and B in biology.

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you Canadian? I looked at a similar university, London City University, which needs B's and A levels including math. However, I would advise doing your best to get A's because it always looks good to have A's when you finally look for a job. That said, a B in biology is not so bad but it could easily become a C so I would work especially hard to keep that from happening.

verty said:
Are you Canadian? I looked at a similar university, London City University, which needs B's and A levels including math. However, I would advise doing your best to get A's because it always looks good to have A's when you finally look for a job. That said, a B in biology is not so bad but it could easily become a C so I would work especially hard to keep that from happening.
I'm not a Canadian I lived in Southeast Asia. But I actually just need my AS physics and I feel that I did not do very well in my paper 2 so I'm worried that I will not get accept by university of toronto engineering science. But thank you.

Lalala said:
Hi I'm doing A levels now and I'm planning to go to University of Toronto next year September for engineering science, my question is what are the grades needed for my AS and A2 level to get into engineering science? My trial results are A in Chemistry and Math, A- in physics and B in biology.

I do not know the grades needed by international students for Engineering Science at U of T, but Canadian high school students need very high marks to get into the program. If you consider all (not just engineering) programs at all Canadian universities, Engineering Science at U of T is one of the most difficult programs to get accepted into.

So I just received my actual GCE AS Level results and also SAT results, I got 4As (math, bio, chem, physics) GCE AS Level and 1360 in SAT ( 620 reading, 740 math). I'm wondering what are the chances of me getting into u of t engineering science? And also in my SPM examination (Malaysia examination equivalent to IGCSE O Level), I received 9A+ and 2A.

To @Lalala , my suggestion would be to first look into the admission requirements required for the Faculty of Applied Sciences and Engineering of the University of Toronto, if you haven't done so already. Here is a link below, specifically looking into those international students from a British-patterned education, as would be offered in Malaysia.

https://discover.engineering.utoron...ional-applicants/british-patterned-education/

From the sound of things, it looks like you have the recommended requirements for admission into any engineering program offered at the University of Toronto, including Engineering Science. However, keep in mind that all engineering programs at the school are limited enrollment programs, so whether or not you will be admitted will depend greatly on how many students apply to the program.

1. What is the curriculum for engineering science at the University of Toronto?

The engineering science program at the University of Toronto focuses on a combination of theoretical and practical studies in various engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, and computer engineering. The curriculum includes a strong foundation in mathematics, physics, and chemistry, as well as courses in engineering design, materials science, and programming.

2. Are there any research opportunities for engineering science students at the University of Toronto?

Yes, there are many research opportunities available for engineering science students at the University of Toronto. The university has state-of-the-art research facilities and partnerships with industry leaders, providing students with the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects and gain hands-on experience in their chosen field.

3. What sets the engineering science program at the University of Toronto apart from other universities?

The engineering science program at the University of Toronto is known for its strong emphasis on innovation and entrepreneurship. The program offers a unique curriculum that combines technical knowledge with business and leadership skills, preparing students to become future leaders in the engineering industry.

4. Are there any specialized tracks within the engineering science program?

Yes, the engineering science program at the University of Toronto offers specialized tracks in various disciplines such as aerospace engineering, biomedical engineering, and environmental engineering. These tracks allow students to focus their studies and gain in-depth knowledge in their area of interest.

5. What kind of career opportunities are available for engineering science graduates from the University of Toronto?

Engineering science graduates from the University of Toronto are highly sought after by top companies in various industries such as technology, healthcare, and energy. They are equipped with a versatile skill set and are well-prepared to take on roles in research, design, consulting, and management.