Engineering Student Seeks Good Math Book: Advice?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter GiuseppeR7
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Book
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
GiuseppeR7
Messages
61
Reaction score
2
Hi, I'm a student of engineering.
I'm learning physics from the books of Feynman. As the time goes by i realize that i know VERY little about math.
So I'm looking for some math books that are analogue to the Feynman books but for the math, i mean i want a book, or a set of books that are able to give me a sound understanding of math, in specifics the basics, if they exist in mathematics. I have puts my hands on What Is Mathematics by Courant but it is not such a deep work in my opinion since it never even answer the question given in the title...but it's a very good "starter".
Thanks
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
mhhh...no...that is not the kind of stuff for what I'm looking for. Watching the contents of the books concepts like the set theory are not there. I want a book that can answer very basic question of mathematics, like: what do we mean by demonstration? how the Russel paradox was teated? what is the incompletness theorem by Godel?