Equivalent Single Load for Complex Delta and Y Connected Loads

In summary, the problem is asking for the equivalent single Δ-connected load and how to transform a Δ load to a Y load. There are different approaches to solving this problem, but they should all result in the same answer. The Yb solution should be the same as the Yc solution.
billyray

Homework Statement

a) the equivalent single Δ-connected load
I have uploaded circuit

Homework Equations

none yet

The Attempt at a Solution

I am not sure if the question is asking me to find the resistance of both delta and y connected loads then work out them both in parallel. After I have the answer find a delta load for a circuit that equals this or simply find the delta loads impedance. That seems a bit easy from what i have done on my last question.
The questions after the question number a make me think i should do it the first way i said but i am a bit unsure.
also question b says i need to transform delta to y in question a but i don't see why.
Any advice please

Attachments

• scan0002.pdf
    141.6 KB · Views: 189
Physics news on Phys.org
Note that the loads are complex.
Approach load summation from the Δ side.
3a. Transform the Y load to a Δ, then sum the two parallel Δs into a single Δ load.
3b. Transform that parallel sum Δ from 3a, into a single Y load.
Now approach load summation from the Y side.
3c. Transform the Δ load of fig 3, to a Y, then sum it in parallel with the existing Y load to make one Y load.
3d. Find the real power dissipated in the complex Δ load.
billyray said:
also question b says i need to transform delta to y in question a but i don't see why.
So you can see that it does not matter how you approach the result. The Yb solution should be the same as the Yc solution.

Likes scottdave

1. What is a circuit diagram?

A circuit diagram is a visual representation of an electrical circuit, showing how components are connected and the flow of electricity through the circuit.

2. Why is it important to create a circuit diagram?

Circuit diagrams are important because they help engineers and technicians understand the design and operation of a circuit. They also aid in troubleshooting and identifying potential problems.

3. How do I read a circuit diagram?

To read a circuit diagram, start at the power source and follow the path of the circuit. Look for symbols representing components such as resistors, capacitors, and wires. Pay attention to how the components are connected and the direction of the current flow.

4. What software can I use to create a circuit diagram?

There are many software options available for creating circuit diagrams, such as AutoCAD, CircuitMaker, and Eagle. Some are free, while others require a paid subscription. Choose a software that best fits your needs and level of expertise.

5. Are there any rules or standards for creating circuit diagrams?

Yes, there are generally accepted rules and standards for creating circuit diagrams. These include using standard symbols, following a logical flow, and labeling all components and connections. It is important to adhere to these standards for clarity and consistency.