1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

EvC debate - Pennsylvania school board

1. Oct 25, 2004 #1

Phobos

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://www.ncseweb.org/resources/news/2004/PA/39_a_dubious_first_for_intellige_10_21_2004.asp

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 25, 2004 #2
    Hot Damn,

We can no longer make fun of the South for being backwards.

Nautica

btw - I am from Arkansas

4. Oct 26, 2004 #3
    This is just getting stupid.. I think a good compromise would be to get rid of intelligent design and natrual selection altogether. Not really useful anyway, except perhaps to explain to students why you shouldn't take anti-biotics unless you really have to.

"Kids, don't take anti-biotics unless you need to because the germs can become resistant due to natural selection"

"Kids, don't take anti-biotics unless you need to because god will get angry"

(ok.. the last bit was uncalled for :))

5. Oct 26, 2004 #4

anti_crank

Science Advisor

I thought I was going to be sick, but my stomach is apparently too intelligently designed for me not to vomit over everything that runs against every kind of sense.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2004
  6. Oct 26, 2004 #5

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I'm ashamed to say I'm from Philadelphia. Hopefully, this will die quickly.

7. Oct 26, 2004 #6
    At least it is easy to study for an intelligent design test. Every answer is "god did it."

8. Oct 26, 2004 #7

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Can't be the Amish community --- an invasion of KKK from NE Md.?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?