Seeking Exercises to Accompany Feynman's Lectures on Physics

In summary, the conversation is about finding exercise books to accompany Lectures on Physics by Feynman. The suggested books are Physics for Scientists and Engineers by Lawrence S. Lerner and the "Problems and Solutions" series published by World Scientific Publishing Company. The books can be found on books.google.com and may be challenging but helpful for understanding the physics behind the exercises.
Jomapil
Hello, everyone

I began reading Lectures on Physics from Feynman. But there is a problem: Those books haven't exercises. Can anyone tell me a (several) book(s) of exercises solved and proposed (with solutions) to accompany those Lectures step by step?

Thank you very much for your help.

Good day

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi,

i like the problems/exercises in the book

Physics for Scientists and Engineers, Lawrence S. Lerner, Jones & Bartlett Publishers

i think they teach good the physics behind the exercises, though only the solutions of the odd numbered problems are given. In addition they only take calculus for granted.

Other good "problems" books you will find in the "Problems and Solutions"-series published by "World Scientific Publishing Company". But maybe to challenging for your purpose.

For both, you can take an insight at books.google.com!

with best regards

Last edited:
Hello, Saunderson.

It was of great kindness your answer about my question.

Thank you very much.

I'm going to use them to accompany my Lectures.

Till the next.

1. What are the benefits of using exercises to accompany Feynman's Lectures on Physics?

Using exercises alongside Feynman's Lectures on Physics can help reinforce the concepts and principles discussed in the lectures. It allows for hands-on application and practice, which can improve understanding and retention of the material.

2. Where can I find exercises to accompany Feynman's Lectures on Physics?

There are various resources available online and in book form that provide exercises specifically designed to accompany Feynman's Lectures on Physics. Some popular options include "Exercises for the Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Caltech and "Six Not-So-Easy Pieces: Einstein's Relativity, Symmetry, and Space-Time" by Richard P. Feynman and Robert B. Leighton.

3. Is it necessary to complete exercises while studying Feynman's Lectures on Physics?

Completing exercises is not required, but it is highly recommended. Doing so can greatly enhance the learning experience and help solidify understanding of the material.

4. Can exercises be used for self-study or are they meant for use in a classroom setting?

Exercises can be used for both self-study and in a classroom setting. They are a valuable tool for independent learning as well as for instructors to use in teaching the material.

5. How do I know if I am solving the exercises correctly?

Many resources that provide exercises for Feynman's Lectures on Physics also include solutions or answer keys for the exercises. It is recommended to check your answers against these solutions to ensure accuracy. Additionally, discussing the exercises with peers or seeking guidance from a teacher or tutor can also help verify correct solutions.