Exploring the Universe with Ethan Siegel

• B
  • Thread starter curious222
  • Start date
In summary: We cannot provide a summary for this conversation as it does not have a clear topic or focus. Please provide a specific conversation for us to summarize.
curious222
TL;DR Summary
Does he believe in infinite universes? Does he know what happened before the Big Bang?
Who is ethan siegel?Is it absolutely true what they say about the universe?

Space news on Phys.org
curious222 said:
Does he believe in infinite universes? Does he know what happened before the Big Bang?

Why don't you ask him this directly via his Twitter page?

curious222 said:
Is it absolutely true what they say about the universe?

Who is 'they' and what do they say?

Likes Ibix
Ethan's just zis guy, you know?

Perhaps you could provide a link to some of the things he's said that you want to know about? Instead of just assuming we can read your mind, I mean. And as to who he is - why not google him? Instead of asking me to google him for you, I mean?

I can guarantee that not every single thing he's ever said on any topic is true, that much is certain.

Tghu Verd said:
Why don't you ask him this directly via his Twitter page?
Who is 'they' and what do they say?
he doesn't answer twitter

curious222 said:
he doesn't answer twitter

He's responding to tweets from various people, so do you mean you have already asked and he's not answered your two questions?

But is it important that Siegel be the person to answer your questions? And is your Big Bang question raised by this Siegel article?

If so, rest assured that he does not know what happened before the Big Bang. Nobody does. There are ideas about this, but our physics breaks down trying to explain anything 'before' and conditions during mean we need to infer what was going on, we can't observe it directly. Fortunately, there are a lot of smart and patient people on Physics Forum who can assist in your understanding of this...if you're prepared to do your homework and show willing of at least trying to inform yourself, rather than expecting, as @Ibix noted, other people to do your googling for you.

Now, with your "Does he believe in infinite universes?" question, are you asking about the multiverse (which is what I think)? Or are you asking whether our universe is infinite? If it's what I think, then you could have answered your own question with a quick search, because Siegel argues that there must be a multiverse. Not everyone agrees with him, though, so his view is suggestive, not definitive.

Likes Ibix
Just to expand a bit, since @Tghu Verd is being all reasonable and patient - a question like the one in your OP is only answerable with a biography and a postgraduate level course in cosmology followed up by detailed reading of everything Siegel has written. I guess that you don't want that, but we cannot read your mind and we don't know what it is you do want.

If you have say what it is you've been reading then we can comment on that, based on what we know you know. There's no point us pointing you to Wikipedia if you've already read that. There's no point in Tghu Verd commenting on the article he (she?) linked if that's not what you are interested in. In short, the problem with your question is that you are asking us to waste our time. All you need to do is link to what you have been reading, and you will get more help (although if, like in your first thread, what you've been reading is the Express, with its usual dubious connection to reality, the only possible response is "read something else").

Likes member 656954 and jim mcnamara
curious222 said:
Who is ethan siegel?

You apparently already know who he is since you've looked at his twitter feed.

curious222 said:
Is it absolutely true what they say about the universe?

We can't possibly answer without knowing who "they" are and what "they" say--in other words, without a specific reference. Can you give one?

Ibix said:
There's no point in Tghu Verd commenting on the article he (she?) linked
Who is Tghu Verd

• Haha
Likes member 656954 and Ibix

Related to Exploring the Universe with Ethan Siegel

1. What is "Exploring the Universe with Ethan Siegel"?

"Exploring the Universe with Ethan Siegel" is a popular science blog and book series written by astrophysicist Ethan Siegel. It covers a wide range of topics related to astronomy, physics, and cosmology, with the goal of making complex scientific concepts accessible to a general audience.

2. Who is Ethan Siegel?

Ethan Siegel is an astrophysicist, author, and science communicator. He has a Ph.D. in theoretical astrophysics from the University of Florida and has been published in numerous scientific journals. He is also a popular speaker and has appeared on various media outlets to discuss science and astronomy topics.

3. What can I expect to learn from "Exploring the Universe with Ethan Siegel"?

The blog and book series cover a wide range of topics related to the universe, including the Big Bang, black holes, dark matter, and the search for extraterrestrial life. Readers can expect to learn about the latest scientific discoveries and theories, as well as gain a deeper understanding of how the universe works.

4. Is "Exploring the Universe with Ethan Siegel" suitable for all ages?

While the content of the blog and books may be more geared towards adults, the language and explanations used by Ethan Siegel make it accessible to a wide range of ages. Younger readers may need some guidance from adults to fully understand certain concepts, but the overall content is suitable for all ages.

5. How can I stay updated on new content from "Exploring the Universe with Ethan Siegel"?

You can follow Ethan Siegel on social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook, where he regularly shares updates and links to new blog posts. You can also subscribe to his email newsletter or RSS feed to receive notifications when new content is published.