Falling Particle: Solving for Initial Velocity and Acceleration

Once going upwards in time “t1” and second time going downwards in time “t2” from the beginning of the movement.This tells us that the total time of the motion is t1+t2, and the maximum height reached is d.Using the equations for constant acceleration motion, we can solve for v0 and a:v0=d*[(t1+t2)/(t1*t2)]anda=(2*d)/(t1*t2)In summary, the particle was thrown upwards with an initial speed of v0 and an acceleration of a. It passed through a point d distance away from the beginning of the movement twice, once going upwards in time t1 and once going downwards in time t2. The
sudec

Homework Statement

Particle was thrown directly upwards. Point which is in distance “d” from the beginning of movement is passed by the particle two times. Once going upwards in time “t1” and second time going downwards in time “t2” from the beginning of the movement. What was the initial speed(v0) and the acceleration(a) of the particle?

Homework Equations

I really do not know how to start with this example.

The Attempt at a Solution

I have tried every possible solution that I was capable of, but I’m not able to come up with the correct answer which should be

v0=d*[(t1+t2)/(t1*t2)]

and

a=(2*d)/(t1*t2)

Physics news on Phys.org
Start with the equation for position o an object under constant acceleration.

Point which is in distance “d” from the beginning of movement is passed by the particle two times.

This defines the coordinate system for you: initial velocity is v0 and initial height is 0.

1. What is a falling particle?

A falling particle is an object that is experiencing the force of gravity and is moving downward towards the ground.

2. What is v0 in relation to a falling particle?

v0, or initial velocity, is the velocity of the particle at the beginning of its fall.

3. How is v0 calculated for a falling particle?

v0 can be calculated using the equation v0 = u + at, where u is the initial velocity, a is the acceleration due to gravity, and t is the time.

4. What is the acceleration of a falling particle?

The acceleration of a falling particle is equal to the acceleration due to gravity, which is approximately 9.8 meters per second squared.

5. How can I find the acceleration of a falling particle?

The acceleration of a falling particle can be found using the equation a = (vf - v0)/t, where vf is the final velocity, v0 is the initial velocity, and t is the time.