FB PF Junkies: Is Arnab Roy Spamming?

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, a user named Arnab Roy has been using PF FB Junkies to share links to his personal websites where he discusses various science topics. This behavior raises questions about whether it can be considered spam and if it can be reported. It is noted that Facebook may have different standards than PF. Another user named Abir Sarkar has also been posting links to another physics forum. The conversation takes a turn when the appearance of another user, presumably named Greg, is brought up and compared to a funny photo.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
So, I just popped by PF FB Junkies to find it's being used by this Arnab Roy guy as a platform for prodigiously linking back to his personal webpages with thoughts about various science topics.

Can that be considered spam? Can I report those posts?

I guess FB doesn't have the same standards as PF, does it?

Physics news on Phys.org
DaveC426913 said:
So, I just popped by PF FB Junkies to find it's being used by this Arnab Roy guy as a platform for prodigiously linking back to his personal webpages with thoughts about various science topics.

Can that be considered spam? Can I report those posts?

I guess FB doesn't have the same standards as PF, does it?

I usually check it once a week. Feel free to report anything.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I usually check it once a week. Feel free to report anything.
I noticed somebody named Abir Sarkar keeps posting links to another physics forum.

HOLY SH$$ I NOW KNOW WHAT GREG LOOKS LIKE!

But seriously, I am not sure what I had in my head, but you do not look like what I expected. Sharp looking guy!

I always imagine Greg looking like this:

https://www.physicsforums.com/customavatars/thumbs/avatar1_5.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny!

1. What is FB PF Junkies?

FB PF Junkies is a Facebook group that focuses on discussing and sharing information about personal finance and investment strategies.

2. Who is Arnab Roy?

Arnab Roy is a member of the FB PF Junkies group who has been accused of spamming the group with excessive posts and comments.

3. What is considered spamming in FB PF Junkies?

Spamming in FB PF Junkies refers to the act of repeatedly posting irrelevant or low-quality content, or excessively promoting products or services, without adding value to the group's discussions.

4. Why is spamming a concern in FB PF Junkies?

Spamming can be disruptive to the group's discussions and can make it difficult for members to find valuable information. It also goes against the group's purpose of promoting meaningful conversations about personal finance and investments.

5. What actions can be taken against spamming in FB PF Junkies?

The group's moderators can remove spam posts and comments, issue warnings, or even ban members who repeatedly violate the group's rules. Members can also report spamming to the moderators for review.