How Should Spinors Be Applied in Physics Homework Involving Fermions?

In summary, to approach solving a physics homework problem, one should first understand the concepts and principles involved, identify given information and unknown variables, choose an appropriate equation, and double check the answer for accuracy. Some common mistakes to avoid include incorrect units, not showing all steps, and not using significant figures. To check the answer, one can use estimation, a calculator, or ask for feedback. Helpful resources for solving physics problems include textbooks, online resources, and asking for help from teachers or classmates. To improve problem-solving skills, it is important to practice regularly, review mistakes, use different strategies, and seek help when needed.
lefebvre

Homework Statement

9oLMYdq.jpg

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I've started from writing out the amplitude. Here I know that fermion has definite helicity so I can't sum over spins but I should input explicit forms of spinors. Am I correct? How to do this?
I would be grateful for helping me with this step. I'll manage the rest of the problem.

Physics news on Phys.org
You insert the expression for a spinor of the appropriate spin. It should be described in your textbook how such a spinor looks.

1. How do I approach solving a physics homework problem?

To successfully solve a physics homework problem, it is important to first understand the concepts and principles involved. Start by reading the problem carefully and identifying any given information and what is being asked. Then, draw a diagram or make a list of known and unknown variables. Next, choose an appropriate equation or formula to use and plug in the known values. Finally, solve for the unknown variable and double check your answer for accuracy.

2. What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving a physics homework problem?

One common mistake is using incorrect units or not converting units properly. It is important to always double check the units of the given values and make sure they are consistent with the units required in the equation. Another mistake is not showing all the steps in the solution or not labeling the final answer with the correct unit. It is also important to use significant figures and round the final answer to the appropriate number of digits.

3. How can I check if my answer is correct when solving a physics homework problem?

One way to check if your answer is correct is to use estimation. Before solving the problem, estimate what the answer should be based on the given values and the units. After solving the problem, compare your estimated answer to the actual answer. Another way is to use a calculator or online tool to double check your calculations. You can also ask a classmate or teacher to review your solution and provide feedback.

4. What resources are available to help me solve a physics homework problem?

There are many resources available to help you solve a physics homework problem. Your textbook, class notes, and lecture slides are great starting points for understanding the concepts and principles involved. You can also use online resources such as videos, tutorials, and practice problems to further clarify any confusion. Additionally, your teacher or classmates can be valuable resources for asking questions and getting help.

5. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in physics?

The best way to improve your problem-solving skills in physics is to practice regularly. The more problems you solve, the more comfortable you will become with the concepts and equations. It is also helpful to review your mistakes and try to understand why you made them. Additionally, try to approach problems from different angles and use different problem-solving strategies. Seek help from your teacher or classmates when needed and don't be afraid to ask questions.