Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fermionic Condensate

1. Jun 30, 2004 #1

i'm doing my seminar title for fermionic condensate...

now i have encounter some problem...
    1. wat is the real experiment in producing the fermionic condensate???if can, i wan to know the whole procedures in the set up experiment...
    2.wat is different between Bose-Einstein Condensate and Fermionic Condensate???

thanks for all of the information that all of you give to me...thank you...
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 30, 2004 #2
    I don't know a lot about it but I believe its created though something similar to cooper pairing like those in a superconductor. Anyways heres the site where I heard about it: http://physicsweb.org/article/news/8/1/14/1
  4. Jul 4, 2004 #3
    From what I know, there can't be any fermionic condensate, since fermions obey the Exclusion Principle, therefore they can't have the same energy so they can't condensate

Bosons, on the other hand don't obey aforementioned principle, so they can condensate into the same level of energy (Bose-Einstein condensation).

Best Regards...
  5. Jul 5, 2004 #4
    The webpage of Deborah Jin - the PI of the Colorado group that published their work on fermionic condensates - is a good place to start. One of the papers (Regal and Jin, 2003) explains their experimental protocol, which is of course based off what is known about forming and manipulating ultracold gases. The site in and of itself should be more than adequate to explain what the difference between a fermionic condensate and a proper BEC.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?