1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Final current through resistors

1. Oct 25, 2011 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    The diagram below depicts an RC-circuit where C = 3.45 F, = 29.0 , = 28.0 , and = 3.00 Volts

What is the current through immediately after the switch S is closed?
    1.03×10-1 A

What is the current through immediately after the switch S is closed?
    1.07×10-1 A

What is the current through the capacitor immediately after the switch S is closed?
    1.07×10-1 A

What is the current through R1after the switch S has been closed for a very long time? Assume that the battery does not go dead

What is the current through R2 after the switch S has been closed for a very long time? Assume that the battery does not go dead

2. Relevant equations
    I= V/R

3. The attempt at a solution

So I got the first three questions by applying the formula above for the current. As for the current after a long time, i was so sure that the current through a resistor is 0 after a longtime, but when i enter 0A it says Incorrect. Any help?

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 25, 2011 #2

gneill

Staff: Mentor

What's going to change the voltage across R1 if it has a battery connected directly across it?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook