Final current through resistors

In summary, the conversation is about an RC-circuit with specific values for C, E, R1, and R2. The questions asked pertain to the current through the circuit immediately after the switch S is closed and after a long time. The current through the circuit can be calculated using the formula I = V/R. After a long time, the current through R1 and R2 will not be 0 due to the battery maintaining the voltage across them.
sabak22

Homework Statement

The diagram below depicts an RC-circuit where C = 3.45 F, = 29.0 , = 28.0 , and = 3.00 Volts

What is the current through immediately after the switch S is closed?
1.03×10-1 A

What is the current through immediately after the switch S is closed?
1.07×10-1 A

What is the current through the capacitor immediately after the switch S is closed?
1.07×10-1 A

What is the current through R1after the switch S has been closed for a very long time? Assume that the battery does not go dead

What is the current through R2 after the switch S has been closed for a very long time? Assume that the battery does not go dead

Homework Equations

I= V/R

The Attempt at a Solution

So I got the first three questions by applying the formula above for the current. As for the current after a long time, i was so sure that the current through a resistor is 0 after a longtime, but when i enter 0A it says Incorrect. Any help?

Attachments

• ResistorCapacitorCircuit.gif
    ResistorCapacitorCircuit.gif
    2.7 KB · Views: 530
Physics news on Phys.org
What's going to change the voltage across R1 if it has a battery connected directly across it?

1. What is the formula for calculating the final current through resistors?

The formula for calculating the final current through resistors is I = V/R, where I is the current in amps, V is the voltage in volts, and R is the resistance in ohms.

2. How do resistors affect the final current in a circuit?

Resistors act as obstacles to the flow of electric current in a circuit. They decrease the amount of current flowing through the circuit by converting some of the electrical energy into heat.

3. What factors can influence the final current through resistors?

The final current through resistors can be influenced by the voltage of the power source, the resistance of the resistors, and the arrangement of the resistors in the circuit (series or parallel).

4. How does the resistance of a resistor impact the final current?

The higher the resistance of a resistor, the lower the final current will be. This is because a higher resistance means more obstacles for the current to overcome, resulting in a decrease in the flow of current.

5. Can the final current through resistors ever be greater than the initial current?

No, the final current through resistors can never be greater than the initial current. This is due to the law of conservation of energy, which states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred or converted.