Finding Force Needed for 200 km/hr

In summary, the force needed for a speed of 200 km/hr can be calculated using the formula F = m x a, where F is the force, m is the mass of the object, and a is the acceleration. The units used for the force calculation should be consistent with the units used for mass and acceleration, with the standard unit for force being Newtons (N). The main factors that affect the force needed for a speed of 200 km/hr are the mass of the object and the acceleration, with other factors such as air resistance, friction, and incline also playing a role. The force needed can be reduced by decreasing the mass or acceleration of the object, as well as minimizing external factors. In a real-life scenario
Ashley1nOnly

Homework Statement

upload_2018-9-22_6-10-14-png.png

Looking for F for 200 km/hr

Homework Equations

F=ma

The Attempt at a Solution

F-cv^2 = ma
F= ma +cv^2

v=200 km/hr

F= ma +c(200 km/hr)^2

so now I need to find a, from previous work I found that

t= (m/c)*(1/2 vter)*(ln[ (vter +v)/(vter-v)])

next I would solve for v and take the derivate to get a.

but I know that

v^2 =v0^2+2a( x -x0)

where

a= v^2-v0^2 / 2(x-x0)

I know that v=2000 km/ hr
v0=0 since it was at rest
x= final distance
x0=0 since it starts at the origin

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-22_6-10-14-png.png
    upload_2018-9-22_6-10-14-png.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 494
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks Charles and SammyS.

@Ashley1nOnly What makes you think you will understand what 69 posts before didn't achieve, which btw. is still open?
Thread closed.

1. How do you calculate the force needed for a speed of 200 km/hr?

The force needed for a speed of 200 km/hr can be calculated using the formula F = m x a, where F is the force, m is the mass of the object, and a is the acceleration. In this case, the acceleration would be the change in velocity, which is 200 km/hr divided by the time it takes to reach that speed.

2. What units should be used for the force calculation?

The units used for the force calculation should be consistent with the units used for mass and acceleration. In the SI system, the standard unit for force is Newtons (N), which is equivalent to kg x m/s^2.

3. What factors affect the force needed for a speed of 200 km/hr?

The main factors that affect the force needed for a speed of 200 km/hr are the mass of the object and the acceleration. Other factors such as air resistance, friction, and incline of the surface can also play a role in determining the force needed.

4. Can the force needed for a speed of 200 km/hr be reduced?

Yes, the force needed for a speed of 200 km/hr can be reduced by either decreasing the mass of the object or by decreasing the acceleration. Minimizing external factors such as air resistance and friction can also help reduce the force needed.

5. How can the force needed for a speed of 200 km/hr be measured in a real-life scenario?

In a real-life scenario, the force needed for a speed of 200 km/hr can be measured using a force meter or a dynamometer. These tools can measure the force exerted by an object as it accelerates to reach the desired speed. Other methods such as using motion sensors or calculating the force through Newton's second law of motion can also be used.