Find out the velocity and time

In summary, the problem involves finding the velocity and time of a projectile that was thrown at a height of 2 meters and traveled 30 meters horizontally. The given information includes the height, mass, and acceleration due to gravity. The homework equations involve finding the velocity and time. The student is having difficulty understanding the problem and needs assistance with the formula and steps to solve it.
bcdecimator
1. Homework Statement

height in the y direction=2 meters
mass=142grams
gravity/accelaration=9.81m/s2
velocity in the x direction=? we have to find out
time=?? we have to find out
distance=3o meters

2. Homework Equations

we have to find out the velocity and time

3. The Attempt at a Solution

i don't understand it so i need it with the formula and what u did
please i need this before i go to bed so in the next 20 minutes

Physics news on Phys.org
Your problem is not clear. Is this a projectile being launched at an angle and reaches a maximum height of 2 meters? Or is this a projectile launched horizontally from a height of 2 meters?

well my teacher siad that he threw the basebal and it went two meters up and then went 30 meters in the x direction

that's all i know

1. What is velocity?

Velocity is a measure of the rate at which an object changes its position. It is a vector quantity, meaning it has both magnitude (speed) and direction.

2. How is velocity calculated?

Velocity is calculated by dividing the change in an object's position by the change in time. The formula for velocity is v = ∆x/∆t, where v is the velocity, ∆x is the change in position, and ∆t is the change in time.

3. What are the units of velocity?

The standard units of velocity are meters per second (m/s) in the metric system and feet per second (ft/s) in the imperial system. Other common units include kilometers per hour (km/h) and miles per hour (mph).

4. How does velocity differ from speed?

Velocity and speed are often used interchangeably, but they are not the same. Speed is a scalar quantity that only measures how fast an object is moving, while velocity also takes into account the direction of motion.

5. Can velocity be negative?

Yes, velocity can be negative. A negative velocity means that an object is moving in the opposite direction of a chosen positive direction. For example, a car moving west at a velocity of -30 m/s means it is moving in the opposite direction of east at a speed of 30 m/s.