Find someone's name from their driver's license number?

• Thread starter NeoDevin
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of looking up someone's information using their driver's license number. It is mentioned that in Canada, the police may not be allowed to provide this information for legal or civil matters. The conversation then shifts to a specific incident involving a missing check and the potential use of a driver's license number to identify the individual who cashed it. The suggestion is made to go to the police for assistance, as they have the ability to quickly identify someone using their driver's license number. The conversation ends with the individual stating they went to the police and are waiting for a response.
NeoDevin
Is it possible to look up someone's if I have their driver's license number?

Physics news on Phys.org
NeoDevin said:

Well here you can look up someone if you know their license plate number. Which country are talking about? So who is she?

NeoDevin said:
If it is about a legal/civil matter one could contact the local police, but they may not be allowed to provide that information.

misgfool said:
Well here you can look up someone if you know their license plate number. Which country are talking about? So who is she?

I'm in Canada. This is not about a girl.

Astronuc said:
If it is about a legal/civil matter one could contact the local police, but they may not be allowed to provide that information.

One of my wife's maternity leave checks went missing quite a while ago, we thought we had it sorted out, and got the payment reissued. Apparently someone cashed the check, and now I have a copy of the check, upon which the person who cashed it wrote (maybe) their driver's license number.

Go to the police with the matter.

Around here, all the State cops have computers in their cruisers, and they can ID you in no time with a driver's license #.

Went to the police today, we'll see what happens.

1. How can I find someone's name from their driver's license number?

There are a few ways to find someone's name from their driver's license number. You can contact your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and provide the license number. They will be able to provide you with the name associated with that license number. You can also use online public records databases or hire a private investigator to gather this information for you.

2. Is it legal to find someone's name from their driver's license number?

In most cases, it is legal to find someone's name from their driver's license number. However, it is important to check your local laws and regulations regarding privacy and personal information. It is always best to obtain consent from the person whose name you are trying to find before proceeding with this search.

3. Can I use a driver's license number to find someone's name in any state?

No, you cannot use a driver's license number to find someone's name in any state. Each state has its own laws and regulations regarding the use of personal information, so it is important to check the laws in the state where the driver's license was issued.

4. How accurate is the information obtained from a driver's license number search?

The accuracy of the information obtained from a driver's license number search can vary depending on the source. It is always best to use official sources such as the DMV or public records databases to ensure the information is accurate. However, keep in mind that errors can still occur, so it is important to verify the information through other means.

5. Can I find someone's name from their driver's license number if they have moved to a different state?

Yes, it is possible to find someone's name from their driver's license number even if they have moved to a different state. However, the process may be more complicated as you may need to contact the DMV in the state where the license was issued or use a nationwide public records database to gather the information.