Find Transfer Function for 2-Input System

In summary, the conversation discusses a system with two inputs, one being a constant reference value and the other being a measured value. The individual mentions the need to find the transfer function for the system and asks for help in finding it using block reduction techniques. They also mention an equation they have obtained but are struggling to find the final transfer function between the output and reference values. They request assistance in finding the gain of the controller for the system.
eng_maha
I have a system with two inputs one is reference (constant and known) and another is measured its value and i need to know the transfer function for all the system.

Please anyone help me to find the transfer function because I needed it so necessary.

thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Block diagram.doc
    34.5 KB · Views: 272
Physics news on Phys.org
You can use block reduction techniques to find overall transfer function of any system.
As far as given system is considered Vop is summation of two things. First one (K1 + K2/S) multiplied by (V-Vdc) and second one V*S

n.karthick said:
You can use block reduction techniques to find overall transfer function of any system.
As far as given system is considered Vop is summation of two things. First one (K1 + K2/S) multiplied by (V-Vdc) and second one V*S
Thank you for your reply.

I really worked like that and got the following equation:V(output) = Vdc (ref) *S + ( Vdc(ref) – Vdc(measu)(k1 + k2/S)

V(output) = Vdc(ref) *S + Vdc(ref) (k1 + k2/S) - Vdc(measu) *(k1 + k2/S) but I could not get the final equation between V(output) and Vdc(ref), Because the last term of the equation does not contain Vdc(ref).

Can you help me to get the final transfer function, where I want to find the gain of the controller (K1, K2 ).

Thank you very much.

Related to Find Transfer Function for 2-Input System

1. What is a transfer function for a 2-input system?

A transfer function for a 2-input system is a mathematical representation that relates the input signals to the output signal in a linear time-invariant system. It shows how the inputs affect the output of the system and is commonly used in control engineering and signal processing.

2. How is the transfer function for a 2-input system derived?

The transfer function for a 2-input system can be derived by taking the Laplace transform of the system's differential equations with the initial conditions set to zero. This results in a ratio of the Laplace transforms of the output and input signals, which represents the transfer function.

3. What is the significance of finding the transfer function for a 2-input system?

Finding the transfer function for a 2-input system allows us to understand the behavior and dynamics of the system. It can help us design controllers and analyze the stability and performance of the system in response to different input signals.

4. Can the transfer function for a 2-input system change over time?

The transfer function for a 2-input system is typically assumed to be time-invariant, meaning it does not change over time. However, in some cases, it may change if there are changes in the system's parameters or if the system is nonlinear.

5. How can the transfer function for a 2-input system be used in practical applications?

The transfer function for a 2-input system can be used in various practical applications, such as designing controllers for industrial processes, analyzing and improving the performance of electronic circuits, and modeling and controlling complex systems in the field of robotics and automation.