Finding Someone Dedicated to Science and Math

• Thread starter hemantc007
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Science
In summary: My daughter's mother wanted to get her degree in the Philosophies of Math and Science, but she ran out of money for it and instead took some government grants and studied Biostatistics at the University of Michigan. I recall her telling me that she was originally hoping to pursue a mostly independent course of study. Sure, but please bear in mind that I'm just trying to repeat what she told... not provide a full or accurate account.
hemantc007 said:
firstly I am not talking about some opening\job...

I am talking about science , scientist , research , knowledge and pure mathematicians and there point of view AND NOT some economical or political or social part's point of view ...

secondly I am purely into science ,so I need a place (univ. or college which satisfied point in above posts) where there are people who respect science and mathematic, not that you all don't do it, but purely into it...

those above point are less of my concern so don't bother me with them please...

I guess you didn't get the correlation-----the areas of research (your 'purely into science') and job openings (your 'some economical or political or social part's point of view ...') ask about the same thing of you---

Who do you think the "people who respect science and mathematic" are exactly? and it sounds like you want to be somehow in that 'group'...

do you think that just 'wanting' to be in that 'group' is enough for you to accepted in that group?

I have a feeling you have a unrealistic idea of what those 'groups' are that you're wanting to get into---a 'idealistic' view of who they are and what they do, and what it took them to get there.

There are 'think tanks' around, and I get the feeling that that could be what you're talking about from what you've written.

OK---you tell me what you think it takes on how do you get into a 'think tank'?

Physics news on Phys.org
rewebster said:
I guess you didn't get the correlation-----the areas of research (your 'purely into science') and job openings (your 'some economical or political or social part's point of view ...') ask about the same thing of you---

Who do you think the "people who respect science and mathematic" are exactly? and it sounds like you want to be somehow in that 'group'...

do you think that just 'wanting' to be in that 'group' is enough for you to accepted in that group?

I have a feeling you have a unrealistic idea of what those 'groups' are that you're wanting to get into---a 'idealistic' view of who they are and what they do, and what it took them to get there.

There are 'think tanks' around, and I get the feeling that that could be what you're talking about from what you've written.

OK---you tell me what you think it takes on how do you get into a 'think tank'?

It makes a lot of sense that a love for science and knowledge, especially in a cultural climate or local society that had no interest in these things, would make one prone to idealism.

Here's an idea for herm. Why not use the internet to hook up with people in your area of India who have some interest in science? Perhaps you could pool money to order some textbooks online, and do a co-operative study course. It sounds to me like you do not want the formality and social aspects of what's available to you higher education wise.

Some more information might help. Can you attend universities in India? Are you in good academic standing? Can you afford to go to school in America?

Another thought: Based on your conception of the "pure" scientist, you might find it interesting to research the Pythagoran cult.

Anyone trying to answer/assist hemantc007 might benefit from a look at:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=396192&page=1