Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

First year engineering research project

1. May 11, 2005 #1
    HYE,CAN anyone give me an idea for first year engineering research project.

2. jcsd
  3. May 11, 2005 #2
    Dosen't Even One Person Have An Idea

4. May 11, 2005 #3

minger

Science Advisor

What engineering are you in? That may help us think of an idea.

5. May 11, 2005 #4
    mechanical

6. May 11, 2005 #5

minger

Science Advisor

Is this project for any particular class or what? Does it have to involve any particular concepts? Does it need to be experimental or is it to show a concept?

7. May 11, 2005 #6
    in first year,we r taught only core subjects,and it should be a research project based on it.

8. May 12, 2005 #7

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

You're not helping us to narrow down any ideas. What courses have you taken and what sort of detail of research are we talking about here? You have to have some sort of idea for what general area of interest you want to go in.

9. May 12, 2005 #8

minger

Science Advisor

Core Subjects? That narrows it down to anywhere between The Illiad and Organic Chemistry to Volumes of Revolutions.

10. May 12, 2005 #9
    see,it need not be a workiing project,it could be theereotical also.For the range u may take it as anything without going well within the course of these different engineering subjects

11. May 12, 2005 #10
    why isn't anyone responding now?

12. May 12, 2005 #11

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Because you haven't given us an idea what general areas interest you.

There are thousands (millions even) of projects and reports which could be researched and written.

13. May 12, 2005 #12
    I am interestd in physics,basically mecchanics and electrodynamics

14. May 12, 2005 #13
    please answer,I am really in need

15. May 12, 2005 #14

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Nishant.

As others have told you, ask yourself what your interests are. Nobody here knows you, your interests, skills, or abilities. As far as I can see, you could choose anything to research. I could tell you to go and research the manufacture of composite bike tubes, or to research fluid flow in car exhaust manifolds, but with no reasoning whatsoever. Please don't expect anyone here to instruct you in what you should study!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?