1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Force calculation of extrusion.

1. Feb 7, 2014 #1
    Hello,

I have been given the attached assignment which has completely baffled me. I was also given an similar example question with a solution by my lecturer but I want to understand what I'm doing instead of just copying the answer without actually understanding it.

I would really appreciate if someone could tell me what I should be looking for in books and online in order to understand the problem and then solve it.

I appreciate any help or assistance you can offer.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 7, 2014 #2
    This might not be much help, but I would suggest you start by looking at the given example together with lecture notes and possibly suggested books for the course you're taking.

The very least you can do in terms of asking help on this forum - in my opinion - is to show some sign of work, an attempt, so that the people on this forum that are qualified to help you (unfortunately, I'm not on this particular problem) can tell you where you're going wrong, and what to look for.

I'm not trying to be arrogant, I'm just trying to help as good as I can until someone qualified replies.

4. Feb 7, 2014 #3
    I appreciate your reply and I completely agree with what your saying. I wouldn't expect anyone to give me the answer without trying.

The problem is that I cant try as the lecture notes don't make any sense and I don't understand the calculation. I am currently using DeGarmos materials and processes in manufacturing but I cannot find anything that will provide insight...I study product design and rarely deal with anything such as this.

I have attached the example and solution I was given just to show I'm not trying to pull a fast one.

Thanks for your reply.

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted