1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Forces and energy in a system of a group of walkers

1. Dec 10, 2013 #1
    Hello,
    I am studying a system of a group of walkers and how they behave.
    There are four kind of forces:
    - Repulsion between walkers
    - A force modeled by the fact that all walkers gather into groups and walk in the same direction so their velocity are // that i will name S.
    - "Autopropulsion" walkers move spontaneously in the same direction of the walker's velocity
    - Random force in a random direction caused by uneven grounds, projectiles etc..

I want to know what forces give energy to the system and take energy from it

Just correct me if i'm wrong :
    Repulsion and autopropulsion dissipate energy because after a certain amount of time the walkers don't move anymore
    The force S and the random force give energy, the walkers keep moving, the kinetic energy increases.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 9, 2015 #2
    First, are the walkers living things? If yes, then are the four forces caused by the intentional movement of the walkers? or are they forces due to nature?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted