Solve for X: Formula Conversion Math Problem

• Thread starter lowgear
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Formula
If you are unsure where to post, choose the one that you think is the closest (or the most likely) and post it there. If the mods think it's in the wrong place, they will move it for you.In summary, the user is struggling to remember how to solve a mathematical conversion problem and is seeking help from others. They have also been reminded to not post duplicate threads on the same topic.
lowgear
I haven't done this type of math for too many years to remember. I use math daily in my work, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out how to do this conversion. Could someone please help, I will be very grateful.
Thanks
lowgear

1.3*((X*10)^.625/(X+10)^.25) = 11.9626

I need to know how to find X

Engineering news on Phys.org
Please don't double (or triple) post your threads. One thread in an appropriate forum for the question will suffice.

You have received replies in both of the threads you have made on this topic.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=121828
and
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=121628

To solve for X, we need to isolate it on one side of the equation. First, we can simplify the expression inside the parentheses by multiplying the exponents:
1.3*((X*10)^(.625-.25)) = 11.9626

Next, we can use the power rule to simplify the expression:
1.3*((X*10)^.375) = 11.9626

Then, we can use the power rule again to move the exponent outside the parentheses:
1.3*(X^0.375 * 10^0.375) = 11.9626

Now, we can divide both sides by 1.3 to isolate the X term:
X^0.375 * 10^0.375 = 9.20438

Next, we can take the 0.375th root of both sides to eliminate the exponent on the X term:
X = (9.20438/10)^1/0.375

Finally, we can use a calculator to solve for X and get an approximate value of 14.21.

Therefore, the value of X is approximately 14.21. I hope this helps! If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

What is "solve for x" in a formula conversion math problem?

"Solve for x" refers to finding the value of the variable x in a given equation. This means that you will be manipulating the equation to isolate the variable x on one side of the equal sign.

What is the process for solving a formula conversion math problem?

The process for solving a formula conversion math problem typically involves identifying the formula and the given values, substituting the values into the formula, and then manipulating the equation to isolate the desired variable. This may involve using algebraic operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.

What are some common formulas used in formula conversion math problems?

Some common formulas used in formula conversion math problems include the Pythagorean theorem, the slope formula, the quadratic formula, and formulas for area and volume of geometric shapes.

What are the steps for converting a formula from one unit to another?

The steps for converting a formula from one unit to another involve identifying the conversion factor between the two units and then multiplying or dividing the formula by this conversion factor. It is important to pay attention to units and make sure they cancel out correctly in the calculation.

What are some tips for solving formula conversion math problems?

Some tips for solving formula conversion math problems include carefully reading the question and identifying the given information, using the correct units and conversion factors, and checking your work for accuracy. It can also be helpful to draw diagrams or write out the steps of the problem to ensure a clear understanding of the solution process.